Yesterday was 2 years!

[ta...]

Yesterday marked my 2 years of quitting CT.

It has been the worst and best 2 years of my life!

I wished I had journaled the 1st Year, I hardly have any recollection of 2015.

With every symptom imaginable, I made it through unscathed!

I have zero symptoms. I can't believe it! I thought I was permanently damaged.

The last symptom to go for me was ringing in the ears. That left about month 18.

I'm happier and healthier than before.

Never give up!  There is a light at the end of the tunnel 😊

I haven't had anxiety in the last 6 months or so and have been sleeping like a baby for just as long.

This is a monster of a drug and  has made me VERY aware of what I put into my body. I won't even take an aspirin or ibuprofen if I get a headache.

Thank you for the well wishes!

Thanks for posting and giving the rest of us even more hope Tabbycat - and HUGE Congratulations to you  :thumbsup::smitten:

Can I ask whether you experienced Benzo-belly, numbness or hair loss?  I'm at almost 9 months, and while some symptoms 'seem' to have not resurfaced (burning face),  I'm obviously still freaking out a little about others!

Thanks for posting and giving the rest of us even more hope Tabbycat - and HUGE Congratulations to you  :thumbsup::smitten:

Can I ask whether you experienced Benzo-belly, numbness or hair loss?  I'm at almost 9 months, and while some symptoms 'seem' to have not resurfaced (burning face),  I'm obviously still freaking out a little about others!

I figured I'd jump in here and give you some hope. I'm almost a year off and my burning face problems are basically a thing of the past. I had it for 6 months straight without a break along with tremendous head pressure, squeezing, vibrations etc and then it started to let up. The last thing to let up was my neck feeling like a rock which I think was a big part of the head stuff. Benzo belly is also gone and the hair loss has slowed down tremendously. I'm well on my way to complete healing and can now tell for sure that life returns to normal. What a ride!

What seems to be speeding this up is exercise and eating healthy. I was so bad off that it wasn't an option up until a few months ago but I'm now up to running 3 miles on good days. Hang in there!

Oh yeah you might want to look into Biotin for your hair and nails. These drugs really mess up our systems to say the least and that seems to be the vitamin that we may be lacking.

I experienced all of that. The strangest symptom I had is, it felt like clothes hanger or something like that was hooked onto one of my rib bones( for about 2 months).

I tell you, the symptoms of this withdrawal are the craziest! They ALL do go away, though  ;)

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing.  These success stories continue to give me hope on days that I start thinking I will never heal.  Wishing you joy and peace in your life. :-*

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing.  These success stories continue to give me hope on days that I start thinking I will never heal.  Wishing you joy and peace in your life. :-*

Healing is a guarantee! You can bet on that! Wishing you the best  :)

I haven't had anxiety in the last 6 months or so and have been sleeping like a baby for just as long.

This is a monster of a drug and  has made me VERY aware of what I put into my body. I won't even take an aspirin or ibuprofen if I get a headache.

That's wonderful !

Congratulations, Tabbycat!  That's wonderful news and I'm so glad you shared your story!  Wishing you all the best,

Freida

Thank you! and to you the same!  :)

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations!  I am 5 weeks off of gabapentin & klonopin (tho not that long on klonopin). Since Gabapentin is also a gaba drug, I am experiencing many of the same withdrawal symptoms as people withdrawing from benzos.  I am noticing a very slight let up of the anxiety of which I am very thankful, but there doesn't seem to be any letting up of the paresthesia -- skin burning sensation.  Did you have that symptom and if so, how long did it take to clear? Thank you so much for you positive story!!  It is very encouraging!

The last symptom to go for me was ringing in the ears. That left about month 18.

congratulations on your amazing success I am so so so happy for you and that you have healed so well!! Did do you ever deal at all with Derealization or Depersonalization, just feeling mentally slow a bit? That is my scariest symptom and I'm worried I have permanently caused damage but I know the brain is amazing at healing itself, congratulations on your second chance at life I wish you nothing but the best!

• 1 month later...

"sleeping like a baby" ... that sounds so wonderful

OH THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!! These success journey's are what keep a lot of us going on this site....

I am thankful that I am slowly healing but I have lots of symptoms this morning so it is just what  needed to hear. :smitten:

I have tinnitus non stop and great news to know that your eventually disappeared.

Riversedge

Congratulations for your success!!! It is so nice to see people who made it to the other side!! So happy for you. Thank you for coming back and let us know healing dos happen!

I kind of stoped believe it does. 12 months out no window and non stop burning headache/scalp, anxiety.

Did you had a bad headache when you went trough withrawl? And if you did how long you had it?

Thank you again for coming back and give us a much needed hope.

Wishing you a very happy life feeled with love and laughs.

Vica

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! Sooooooo very happy you have healed and is on the other side. Success stories like yours is what keeps me keep going and have faith that I will also reclaim my normal life back given the right time. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story.

Best wishes  to your new found and well deserved life!

Blessings!

Pi

So happy for you and you have inspired the rest of us!  Congratulations  :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: