Open Group  ·  65 members

Music Lovers

What is your favorite Oldie but Goodie Song ?

[be...]

Hi, love all the Oldies from the 60's, and thought why not start a thread and see what you liked.  my very favorite song was "Gee Whiz",by Carla Thomas, and a "Million to One", can't remember singer. "You've Lost that Loving Feeling". oh well, I have ton's of old CD's, and do enjoy that music.  :smitten:  "Angel Baby"  "A Thousand Stars"  etc etc.

Edit: Added smiley at members request

I find it interesting how hearing a song from years past can take you back into an exact moment in time.  Whenever I hear Freida Payne's "Band of Gold" I am back in college in my dorm room lying on the bed with a book.

Vincent (Starry Starry Night). Don McLean

Love this song. Is so sad about Van Gogh, but he left plenty of beauty behind him in this world.

As McLean says ' This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you'.

The song is also fantastic in its own right. Also love McLean's American Pie.  :smitten:

"Louie Louie"                :yippee:

The Rain The Park and Other Things by the Cowsils

Wow Mini: Good memory! I forgot all about them.

This benzo brain sometimes has a completed synapse!  They also did "Indian Lake"  "Hair" and "Love American Style" They were a family band composed of 5 siblings that were the real life inspiration for the Partridge Family series.  They were torn apart by an alcoholic and abusive manager father.  ANYWAY way too much info.  I thing their music captured the freedom and innocence of the 60's perfectly.

"Good Golly Miss Molly"  Little Richard                "Oh what a Dream"                                      :smitten:

This Magic Moment - The Drifters brings you right into snapshot of that 1950's-early 60's jukebox, luncheonettes, drive-in's time in US. Culture and life was much simpler.