For those of you that took Propranolol

[Se...]

At what dose did you jump off of Propranolol? I have been taking it regularly for about ten months now once a day at bedtime. I was prescribed 40 mg per day and never even took 5 mg due to my system being hypersensitive. I’m in really rough shape and take only a crumb pretty much, but it doesn’t seem to be affecting me well the last few weeks. I don’t know if I can handle feeling any worse than I already do, but also hate the way it’s making me feel. I’m nonfunctional at the moment and really hope that if I don’t take it, it doesn’t send me totally over the edge. My crumb is so small that my scale has a hard time weighing it. For those that took this med, at what dose did you jump off at? How bad were your withdrawals? Also, if I stop and things get bad, will I kindle if I take a small dose again? I have kindled many times with Gabapentin and the benzos. Any advice and experience is much appreciated! Thank you!

At the max I was on 40mg/day and I jumped from 5 mg.  I didn't have any problems.  If you are down to a crumb then you should be fine to stop it.

Thanks! How long were you on this for? Do you know if you can kindle with this stuff? If I stop it and then have to take it due to the heart symptoms being bad, would I kindle? I’m thinking not, but am so afraid of these meds. Would it be ok to take as needed?

I completely understand your fear related to meds - I'm like that also!  I took propranolol for a couple of months.  I don't think kindling would be an issue with this drug.  You can take propranolol on an as-needed basis and initially this is what I did.  Let me know if you have more questions - I'll be glad to help you along as you let this drug go.  :thumbsup:

It can be scary, especially when it’s your pulse rate. On a crumb, I don’t think it is doing too much for you anymore. Propranolol works fast and doesn’t stick around in your system long like other beta blockers. It can’t cause kindling since it has nothing to do with the brain. Hope that helps.