Lamictal

[co...]

I take 200mg of Lamictal.  I have severe depression. I'm not sure if it's working or not.  I'm trying to cut back on all the meds I'm taking.  I've tapered off it before with minimal side effects.

I'm also tapering off K and Vyvanse too.

I want to get off gabapentin as well. 

I'm on way too much stuff. 

Anyone take lamictal?

I take 200mg of Lamictal.  I have severe depression. I'm not sure if it's working or not.  I'm trying to cut back on all the meds I'm taking.  I've tapered off it before with minimal side effects.

I'm also tapering off K and Vyvanse too.

I want to get off gabapentin as well. 

I'm on way too much stuff. 

Anyone take lamictal?

I tapered other psych meds, successfully, not lamictal.

Seroquel, trazodone, pregabalin.

This site was a massive help https://www.survivingantidepressants.org

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

It's easy for me to taper Lamictal. I've done it before, but my old psych doctor told me to go back on because it helps with anxiety. I doubt that. she was always trying to keep me drugged. I successfully got off Abilify on my own.  I'm on Seroquel for sleep though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on 25 mg of Lamictal. I tried to go up but couldn't.

For me, I noticed a small benefit. My depression was so black I couldn't watch TV or listen to music. I couldn't relate to TV and the violence and the way every premise seemed so facile just made it a farce. Music made me so much sadder; I couldn't stand the emotion. I couldn't relate to people. Everything seemed meaningless, and there was nothing but suffering around me, or people who were oblivious to the suffering around us.

The small amount of Lamictal helped the blackest depression slowly lift. I had to attend to my thoughts and work hard to keep them from going negative. Over the course of three months I made progress. So it helped me!

Hotcold....

I'm glad it's working for you. It sounds like it's really helping you.

I'm starting to taper off it now. Slowly. I've done it before with no issues.

The reason I went back on it was because my old psych doctor told me it would help with anxiety. I'm not so sure that's true though.

It's basically used for mood. My old psych doctor diagnosed me as having bipolar 2. I don't have it according to the recent psych testing I had done.

I'm just trying to get off some of the meds I've been put on.  I don't even know how I really feel anymore. 

I think Lamictal is a super string drug.  I'm afraid of it.  I was on 250mg for years.  Like every post says when asked about tapering certain drugs, everyone's experience will be different.  I tried to reinstate it after being off several months because of a depressive spell and I was messed up for days.  I only took one 25 mg pill, and swore never to touch it again.  Just my experience. I know many people love the drug and swear by it.

Now, if I could only snap my fingers and get the hell off diazepam after crossing over via ashton from xanax.  We're all in a tough position with wanting off these brain drugs.  Best of luck to you.