Vyvanse withdrawal

[co...]

Is anyone on Vyvanse? I've been on it for years...about 15 years.

I've been on 80mg for about 8 or so years. 

It turns out that I don't have ADHD. I was tested. So, my doctor is quickly tapering me off.  I'm down to 50mg now.

Just started this dose a little bit over a week ago. I'm so tired. It's hard to function.  No motivation. All I want to do is sleep.

He gave me 50 mg chewables this time and wants me to go lower and lower over the month. I'm not going to do that. I will do a lower dose each month, but not as rapid as he wants for me. 

I'm also tapering off Klonopin at the same time. It's really hard to do both at once.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Corgimom,

I went through vyvanse withdrawal earlier this year, I actually really didn't have any issues and as soon as I came off I felt amazing. It was causing me to have really bad insomnia for weeks on end. I was on 20 mg for 4 years and then 30mg for a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Catsforlife...

It's been awhile since I've been on the board. I try to avoid it because the some of the stories on here terrify me.

I've gone from 80mg of Vyvanse to 50mg.  Each drop gerts harder. Severe fatigue.  I don't get the insomnia though. I take meds for that. Seems like there is a med for everything.

I'm getting ready to go down from 1.25mg to 1mg of Klonopin this week. I'm dreading it.  That non-stop nausea, dizziness, fatigue, etc. I hate it.

Problem is that I'm getting ready to go in for a major surgery....total knee revision. My knee replacement failed. I have no clue what I will wake up to.  Just a revision or a spacer for infection. That is a huge deal. 

So, I'm wanting to stay at the dosages I'm at for now. I don't want to deal with withdrawal at the same time.

I'm just hoping my doctor will understand this. I speak with him on Thursday.