Propranolol

[La...]

Hello,

I’m not in benZo withdrawal, I’ve already been through that in 2014, and was fully healed. I’m now in hormone withdrawal, mainly suffering from progesterone withdrawal. Progesterone is a steroid and attaches to the gabaA receptors just like benzos. So my withdrawal is very similar and has been extremely difficult to have to go through it again. I was given propranolol back in July, to help with anxiety and panic, 80 mgs. I believe it made me worse, and was parodoxical on me, and gave me akathisia as well. My cns is fried. I’m trying to get off of propranolol, but it’s been difficult. I believe it’s been covering up some of my withdrawal from hormones, so when it wears off I feel more of that withdrawal. At least I think so. I stopped my progesterone cream, without a taper, I’m early June, but tried to reinstate the last 2 days of June, and then took 1 mg of ativan for 2 days. So it’s been 2 months since I’ve taken anything gaba related. I stopped testosterone in early June, and estrodiol in July. I also tried to get on remeron twice, once in June, & once in July, both just a few days. Then gabapentin for a couple of days. I know there is a lot there, so I’m not sure what is causing everything, but I feel it’s definitely the progesterone. I’m wondering what others have experienced coming off of propranolol. Does it affect the gaba receptors? I sure as heck hope not. It would be detrimental to my healing. I’ve cut from 80 mgs to 25 mgs, only in the morning. My last cut was really big. I dropped the 30 mg night dose because I felt crazy on it, and I felt like it was causing daily akathisia. Since I made the big cut last week, I’ve had only one episode of akathisia and have been clearer, and walking daily.

Today not so much. I’m having burning skin all over, extreme severe anxiety especially in the morning, and in the afternoon when the Med wears off. It’s been extremely hard to endure all of this anxiety.

I’m not sure if it’s coming from my hormone withdrawal, or if it’s propranolol. What are your experiences with tapering off of propranolol or stopping it? Does it feel like benzo withdrawal?

Thank you,

Laelani