Help!. Coming off a zinc and a magnesium supplement fast!.

[Fr...]

Please see my post in alternative medications.  I have been on Phloe with magnesium stearate and zinc barrier cream for 2 weeks with adverse reactions now evident.  I have reduced the phloe from 2 to 1 to 3/4,  3/4,  1/2 , 1/2 today. I feel stoned when I take it and at my other medication times. It's not been easy few days.  I talked to pharmacist today who said my body is experiencing 6 mg of valium instead of 5mg.  Something to do with the magnesium and zinc effecting the elimination of diazepam.  This is disconcerting for me as obviously there is withdrawal and potentiation of my drugs going on (olanzapine, diazepam).  I have taken the phloe mainly at 12 lunch but I'm wondering if I should trick my body while I am reducing it over this week by taking it at different times.  My nervous system collapsed 4 years ago when I went from 4 doses to 3 so maybe mixing it up would fool my body in getting too used to it.

I see my A and D counsellor tomorrow so we will discuss it more.

If anyone knows anyone internationally that could help me reduce safely as possible I would be appreciate any contacts.  I would pay for this advice.  And anyone who has any experience or read about this problem..thank you..

I don't see staying on the phloe longer than the next week is a good option as I don't want my body getting used to the higher dose. Tomorrow to me looks like a reduction to 2/3 or3/4 (of a half taken) at 12 lunch time.

The barrier cream has confounded the issue and I have taken it down to every 36 hours instead of twice a day.  I had reactions to these changes last week too.  I've decided to have a small application every 36 hours instead of stopping at the moment due to reducing the phloe/magnesium first.  I think the zinc is doing the same thing as the magnesium, blocking elimination of the diazepam.  Thoughts anyone?.  Cheers Frankie

I felt like I need to balance out so am staying on 1/2 a phloe at 12 pm. I've found out the 1/2 phloe tablet ingrediants are 50 mg isomalt (sugar of some kind). Silicon dioxide 13.1 mg and magnesium stearate 3.25mg.  Which seems very small. Plus the active ingredient zyactinase 290mg made from kiwifruit extract.

I am super sensitive to sugars.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I realise now I should have jumped of the phloe.  I am on 11.2mm of a phloe capsule now.  I did a small reduction from12mm when I opened a new packet.  I felt so good that day I knew I had updosed.  Probably I should have reduced more but it was so hit and miss I stayed quite conservative.  Now I'm holding on this level waiting for the bottle I'm using in the fridge to degrade again so I can make another stab in the dark on a new level to be on (probably try 10mm)  Had a terrible night last night with unusual extremety tingling in the evening and head pain in the night.  I thought it might be as I've introduced some dried seaweed into the mix yesterday. 

Every day is like an unknown withdrawal experience as the phloe degrades.

If anyone has any other ideas I would welcome them.  At the moment my trajectory is months getting off this stuff.

My partner is off overseas this week for 2 weeks and we agreed I should try at hang at this dose til she came back. Hope I can manage to shop for myself while she is gone.

The only other option I see is substituting a benzo amount of the phloe dose at 12.  I have been waiting on blood tests to see what my blood diazepam levels are. If they are above the 5 mg I am on I would assume then the phloe is interfering with the elimination of the dose. I have no idea why they are delayed as they were due back weeks ago. Otherwise I have no idea how the phloe is interacting with my diazepam and olanzapine. The stoning i have had suggests the isomalt beet sugar is an integral part of the problem but there is also a small amount of magnesium stearate and the active ingrediant a kiwifruit extract. I sometimes get bummed out that I broke my own rules about using supplements. But hindsight is a great thing!.