beta blockers

[ma...]

Does anyone know if beta blockers are harmful after you are off bennies.  I take a generic form of bystolic and it is 5 mg. I have heard that they may slow down the recovery from brain fog and the likes . My np who works with me on this said to discuss it

hit a button and never finished it  Like i said my np said to discuss it with my cardiologist to see if he has another med to use instead. Anyone know or have a suggestion thanks

I credit Propranolol with stopping the migraines and constant headaches.  It came recommended by a Neurologist that, like every medical professional on the planet, didn't believe I was or could be in protracted withdrawal.  Despite hearing the usual "it's just anxiety" pitch, I heeded her recommendation.  She wanted me to start at 10mg twice a day and work my way up to 20mg 3x a day, but that seemed like far too much.  I began splitting them in half and taking a single half in the morning after the gym.  The anxiety didn't go away, but I noticed that the migraines were gone entirely.  I've since tried to discontinue them, and almost immediately, the migraines and sharp headaches returned.  They seem to provide an additional benefit with reducing mornimg cortisol spikes as well.

I took propranolol during my taper for high blood pressure and when I finished the taper I switched to metoprolol.  I don't have a reference point to know if it slowed healing for me but I feel like I've had good healing/recovery and sunshine said, it seems to have helped anxiety.