Psychedelics After Benzo Withdrawal

[I ...]

Hey guys, I’m wondering if anyone has any knowledge on if psychedelics are safe to take after GABA and glutamate problems. I have taken psych’s countless times and I’ve had goof times and I’ve had not so good times like most of us. Something is different though. Ever since I decided to quit the benzos I feel like they interact with my brain chemistry way differently. I used to be. Big fan of ketamine, but when I tried it the first time when I got back it just left me confused. I decided ok well I won’t be touching this. Then I tried some No2, something I used to be impartial to but overall had enjoyment. This just gave me a terrible headache. So no more dissasociatives for me. I’m already experiencing depersonalization.

The only thing I had success with was psilocybin which I very much enjoyed. This was like 6 months ago but I remember feeling ACTUALLY relaxed even with the extreme glutamate levels and unregulated GABA receptors being fried.

I’m going to a music festival next month and I’m wondering if there is any information on LSD after benzo cessation. Alcohol caused kindling after a couple drinks so I’ll be avoiding that. I’ve come to realize that the only things that didn’t have a bad reaction were stimulants and psilocybin. Glutamenergic methods of action are still scary even after the amazing mushroom experience. Any thoughts? Also I used to enjoy having a “trip killer” on hand but now I guess I’d still have one but it’d be seroquel? 

Hey guys, I’m wondering if anyone has any knowledge on if psychedelics are safe to take after GABA and glutamate problems. I have taken psych’s countless times and I’ve had goof times and I’ve had not so good times like most of us. Something is different though. Ever since I decided to quit the benzos I feel like they interact with my brain chemistry way differently. I used to be. Big fan of ketamine, but when I tried it the first time when I got back it just left me confused. I decided ok well I won’t be touching this. Then I tried some No2, something I used to be impartial to but overall had enjoyment. This just gave me a terrible headache. So no more dissasociatives for me. I’m already experiencing depersonalization.

The only thing I had success with was psilocybin which I very much enjoyed. This was like 6 months ago but I remember feeling ACTUALLY relaxed even with the extreme glutamate levels and unregulated GABA receptors being fried.

I’m going to a music festival next month and I’m wondering if there is any information on LSD after benzo cessation. Alcohol caused kindling after a couple drinks so I’ll be avoiding that. I’ve come to realize that the only things that didn’t have a bad reaction were stimulants and psilocybin. Glutamenergic methods of action are still scary even after the amazing mushroom experience. Any thoughts? Also I used to enjoy having a “trip killer” on hand but now I guess I’d still have one but it’d be seroquel?

Please keep BenzoBuddies policies in mind when discussing topics such as this.

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use that have the potential to cause the wider membership harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited.