Does prednisone mess with GABA? Considering a 2 week course

[fu...]

I might need to revert a possible damage that a loud karaoke caused (I already had hearing loss before that) and I am considering a course of prednisone.

For the people here that used it while tapering or holding benzos: can it cause permanent side effects if used for only 2 or 3 weeks?

I am not interpreting anything here as medical advice, just looking for experiences.

I've read about members who have had difficulty with steroids, can you explain what prednisone will do for your tinnitus?

There is a protocol for restoring hearing after acoustic trauma using prednisone asap after the exposure.

I don't know if it's worth though and if I lost the window of oportunity.

If you're in doubt about missing the window, I'm wondering if you should risk it?  Have you searched the forum to see what other members have said about using prednisone? 

If you're in doubt about missing the window, I'm wondering if you should risk it?  Have you searched the forum to see what other members have said about using prednisone?

Some places say until 6 weeks you can benefit from it.

I used the search but maybe my case is quite specific in this forum, many used prednisone for other purposes but maybe it's worth searching more.

I have encountered a lot of folks on here that had major setbacks using steroids.  I personally had a major setback last year using a steroid and didnt think I was going to survive it.  I personally will never take another steroid for the rest of my days.

Steroids can be really hazardous.  I used a pea sized amount of steroid cream once, hydrocortisone cream, and had a week long wave.  I'd hate to think how I'd react to oral steroids.

They are indeed scary, but maybe worth if they can restore hearing loss. The issue is that I was exposed to loud noise 2 weeks ago and couple days before that I had a 5% diazepam cut.

Hard to know what to think.