Carbocaine

[El...]

Hello. I just want to put this out there and ask a question.

I had a wisdom tooth extract last week. I have extreme anxiety whenever I have to go to the dentist. All the fillings I have had have been without any numbing agent. But the wisdom tooth I had no choice but to get something. They used carbocaine 3% solution. The ingredients are water, sodium chloride and carbocaine. I ajd no topical or anything, no stitches. Nothing else. After my anxiety started to settle down, I did ok for the first two days, but as the week has gone by, alot of my old symptoms came back. Has anyone else had a wave after using this carbocaine and how long did it last for you?

Thanks

Eliza

I forgot to list some of my symptoms.

Facial flushing and feeling hot off and on, blood pressure going up for hours at a time. Headaches, anxious thoughts and anxiety and feeling fullness in my head. Also some paresthesia off and on. All of these I had during withdrawal and I do get a flare up after alot of stress sometimes. But I was doing so much better for months now. This is definitely frustrating and I pray it doesn't last very long.

[93...]
i think i had lidocaine or something similar you may have a wave after but it might not be so bad. Just remember you will have Waves no matter what you do. bad part about protracted benzo withdrawal is it does a number on our teeth. just do what you gotta do and get through it.

Hello,

I always have just carbocaine when having dental work done. Even prior to benzos, I was very sensitive to epinephrine, it causes strong heart palpitations and subsequent headaches.  I had a lot of dental work done, including implants. I'm lucky because I've had no issues with carbocaine at all. I'm sorry you reacted poorly to it. This is just my experience.

pianogirl  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...
Just came back from the dentist. Small filling with carbocaine anesthetic. No panic attack and feeling slightly jittery but overall OK. Last year, the epinephrine-containing anesthetic threw me into a panic attack. I do consider myself healed, but was really worried about this one. So yeah - coarbocaine has been so far so good for me.

It could definitely be the stress of the event, and maybe the fear of the procedure, that is producing these wave-like symptoms. If that's all it is (and I hope so!), then hopefully things will calm down soon. Try to take good care of your nervous system in the interim and do things that are soothing. Most of your sxs sound like they are blood pressure-related. Can you take a beta blocker for a day or two?