Amitriptyline 10mg

[He...]

I have been Benzo FREE since April 28, 2022.

I was having issues with Fear and thinking I had numerous health conditions. The benzo dependency controlled my mind even after tapering! My Dr put me on 10mg Amitriptyline and told me it is a mood stabilizer. I started taking it (at bedtime) last Tuesday, August 9th and the first day on it i was great. Above the doom and gloom and got alot accomplished that day. But the 2nd day and on has been horrible. Im dizzy, wobbly, vision is blurred.. I want off of it. Am I able to taper this the way I did Ativan? I did a milk Titration and reduced by +1ml per day. How quick can I go? Looking for your thoughts and not medical advice. My Dr is no help!!!!!!

Kate08 Thankyou for replying. I appreciate the link and am going to check it out as soon as I send my reply here. The past 2 years have been a nightmare all beginning with the benzos and all I want is to be normal again.

Today I spoke to my Dr regarding the Amitriptyline and my concerns. Dr wants me to continue taking it. My problem is the side effects I feel from taking it. Plus, my concern is that my mind and body are still healing from my benzo taper that I completed on April 28, 2022.. do I really need to be on another pill to cope with the healing from the Benzos? Isn't that going to stall my healing because now there's another chemical going into my body? I don't know what to do but I know how I feel.. I read alot more on Amitriptyline and I see its another round of another slow taper to come off it.. today is day 9 on it.. I need to know what to do! It doesn't make sense to me to do a slow taper off a 10mg pill that I have taken 9 days, and to continue on it by tapering for several weeks or months from something only introduced to me 9 days ago??? Ill spend more time on it coming off it than when I took the entire 10mg... my mind is racing with this. I would of been better off not taking it even tho my Dr said 10mg is a baby dose.. the "baby dose" is giving me side effects I dont like having. I dont want to live in a sedated state of mind.. I want clear vision. I know I have a long road ahead of me with the Gaba receptors growing back from the benzos and I do have some fears while i am healing but I don't like the thought of being on something else while I'm waiting to heal.. and having to be sedated  by Amitriptyline...

Many of our members get off benzos without taking another medication or supplement Helen11 so, yes, healing can be accomplished without adding anything.  It is perfectly acceptable to do what feels right for you.

Hello Helen, if it were me and I really wanted to come off it, because you've been on it for such a short time, I would cut it in half maybe and wean off it that way. Just a suggestion

Kate08 Thankyou! You said what I needed to hear. Its how I felt but to hear it from you enforced it. I need to heal just as many other members have. I think thats whats right for me.

SleepyJo, that's a very good idea, thankyou! I think tonight i will half it for 2 days then maybe quarter it on the 3rd and see where that leaves me.. I appreciate your input!

• 3 weeks later...
Amitriptaline prescribed at 10 mg is a very tiny dose, and is usually prescribed at this dose to treat sleeplessness.  It's antidepressant and mood-stabalizing properties come into play at higher dosages.  At this low of a dose, and for only 9 days, I would not think a taper is needed, especially not a long taper.