Lithium Orotate? Anyone tried it, how much, what time?

[Ba...]

I'm doing horribly and cannot do this any more.

Something gotta give, and so far it is me crashing.

Long ago a person or two took lithium orotate, 5 mg with success.  Anyone here taken it?(If so, morning or evening)?  My depression is extreme and taking ADs has only ever made me sick.

Looking for a natural approach, but afraid after all of these years I've tried most everything.

My living situation is not sustainable either.

Thx if you can help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Barbara,

I haven't been on these boards for awhile and will definitely answer your query.

Lithium Orotate was a Godsend for me!  really I describe it as "Lazurus rising from the couch".  I basically was flattened by fatigue after tapering too quickly and stil,l at a decent rate, continuing.  I was really at my wits end.

I take 20 mg of the Kal Brand ( when I can get it -- I'm in Canada) at night.  It helps with sleep and energy levels to where I can function.

I know I posted about this but few took notice.  I've been taking it for about 2 years I think.

For me it works wonders.  I'd start off slowly, 5mg at night and see how it is for your body.

Best of luck!

SS

Thank you.

Did you feel better right off?

I took a half of a 5 and felt kind of nothing.

Then I took the 5 and got nausea and diarrhea ;(

Thank you.

Did you feel better right off?

I took a half of a 5 and felt kind of nothing.

Then I took the 5 and got nausea and diarrhea ;(

I can't really remember what the beginning of it was for me -- and there were so many variables to match with sxs.

It wasn't immediate and I know that it was very subtle -- I had energy-- but not like the energy that one gets from caffeine, and more a natural sense of vitality.

As with anything go low and slow?

• 1 year later...

Bump

I am considering it for my diazepam tapering but I am polydrugged with fluvoxamine and pregabalin. I wonder if it's still safe to use 1 mg.

I hope some users could share more experiences.

I tried it one evening and it immediately lifted my depression the next day.  Took it again the next night and then it started making me incredibly anxious.  Bummer.  Had to stop it.  I’m extremely sensitive to meds and supplements though. 

If you are only getting nausea and diarrhea, maybe it’s worth trying to stick it out?  Those may go away. 

For those who use it: does it cause hair loss and weight gain?

Those are side effects for people taking prescription doses of lithium carbonate for bipolar disorder. It's very unlikely that you'd have those issues with 5mg lithium orotate.

I have taken lithium orotate 5mg/day for several years. It never caused any side effects that I was aware of. I recently have reduced that simply because I could not tell that it was doing anything positive or negative. It might help lower your chances of developing dementia so I still take it a couple of times a week for that purpose.

For those who use it: does it cause hair loss and weight gain?

Those are side effects for people taking prescription doses of lithium carbonate for bipolar disorder. It's very unlikely that you'd have those issues with 5mg lithium orotate.

I have taken lithium orotate 5mg/day for several years. It never caused any side effects that I was aware of. I recently have reduced that simply because I could not tell that it was doing anything positive or negative. It might help lower your chances of developing dementia so I still take it a couple of times a week for that purpose.

Pretty interesting. I already have a bottle. Is this habit forming? Should one cycle on this?

Pretty interesting. I already have a bottle. Is this habit forming? Should one cycle on this?

It is not habit forming. If you want to start slow, take every other day for awhile then go to every day. There should be no need to cycle this.

I see! Is there any risk associated with the orotate form in particular? I read somewhere that orotatic acid is mutagenic and I don't know if this should be a factor of worry.

Sorry for all these questions.