Would you be interviewed?

[Co...]

I don't know where this goes so trying it here, please move accordingly. I'm wondering if people would be willing/open to be interviewed by Dr Witt-Doerring for his youtube channel? He just asked me and I'm going to take a long time to think about it and was wondering anyone's input on pros/cons. My biggest concern is obviously privacy. I am very young. I don't know if but I hope there is a healthy life out there for me. I don't know in terms of employment and so on what this would mean though. This entire mess has pulled the rugh from under me or however the expression is  :)

[ac...]
Personally, I would have no problem doing an interview, but, I would want to know that my cognitive ability had improved considerably before considering committing to anything like that, or I know I would just be frustrated that I couldn’t put into words what needed to be expressed.

Thanks for your input, Winters Sun. He asked because I mailed him describing symptoms in a unique and expressive way so that part of my cognition is still there  ;) Looking forward to others chiming in.

Can I ask, would you ever have to worry about work/career again? It would be different if I was retired for me I think if that makes sense.

[ac...]

Thanks for your input, Winters Sun. He asked because I mailed him describing symptoms in a unique and expressive way so that part of my cognition is still there  ;) Looking forward to others chiming in.

Can I ask, would you ever have to worry about work/career again? It would be different if I was retired for me I think if that makes sense.

Personally, I believe silence breeds contempt, so I’m quite comfortable to stand in my power and accept any potential negative impact that may come my way…

It would be good to spread the word. But I understand your apprehension. I'm not sure if I would do it to be perfectly honest with you. I don't think it would make any difference to your future work opportunities.

I'm old school from a strict "keep a stiff upper lip" upbringing so I'm not the best to advise.  I've struggled for years in my career keeping my mouth shut online.  I have a lot to say and an ability to convey it well, but I'm too far along in my career to switch to 'influencer'.

The younger generation seem to be able to share whatever online and not have it affect their career.  But it is hard to know how you will feel about it after it is out there.  You can't take it back so make sure you are OK with it being out there in perpetuity.  It's not like you are doing something shameful.  You are explaining how a normal girl got caught up in a corrupt and reckless profit driven system. 

Cultural attitudes are changing very quickly so likely it won't matter that you have videos out there.  If Jordan Peterson can talk publicly about it why can't we?  If you want to do it but minimize the risk, then maybe don't use your real name and get a written promise from him that he will take down the video at your request. 

Oh for sure, I have been advocating. I have tries to educate many many doctors. I have word from the minister of healt care personally that he very much regrets my case and agrees this shouldn't have happened and will see what his cabinet can do with all very specific suggestions I proposed them to change the law as he's working on a new patient rights law. It's just not the same as being out and loud on the internet forever. If I'd fully heal soon I'd do a TEDtalk. I was great at presentations but I'm in the thick of it now. And I'm not being naive about work. Even if I get my brain back, like many employers even wouldn't hire a young woman that has expressed interest in getting children, let along someone who was on psych meds and in the condition I am now. But thank you all for contributing to this conversation. Great ideas!

I just feel stupid. Also I need to be extra careful because my research was on innovation management in the biopharma industry. I should have really really really known better. And I did. That's why I said no habit forming stuff. It just all went too fast and the doc was lying.

I got great suggestions on putting it in writing, perhaps even without my face and a nickname. Thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m actually a current patient of his (actually, I’ve only worked with his wife so far), but i feel like I’m in better hands than any doctor I’ve dealt with. He and his wife are doing great things to raise awareness of benzos.

That being said, I think if you have something important to say that could benefit people, then I would definitely consider doing the interview.

Cocodot, I take your point about future employment. If you can be interviewed without using your real name, it might be safer for you.

My son just lost an employment opportunity by being too forthcoming about some teenage mis-steps. He has no record or anything like that, and at this point his short-lived behavior was decades ago. Nevertheless, he was crushed. Lesson learned.

The offer/request is flattering, and not just that of course; there's the idea that someone could be helped, which gives your current suffering some real meaning!

But I do think your hesitancy shows you are wise beyond your years, and however you land, good for you for thinking this through!

I would not feel comfortable being interviewed for privacy and employment reasons.  However, I think what Dr. Witt-Doerring is doing is fantastic beyond description. He and his wife seem to be helping people.  My hope is that it will raise awareness among doctors and educate other doctors and increase the number of benzo-wise doctors.