Please help check my math and help me find the proper method?

[Br...]

Hii, some kind folks from another thread told me I need help with my math and I should probably do some more intense titration stuff. I've tried to do this the easy way with water tapering, tablespoons and teaspoons as reduction tools but it isn't accurate enough and I'm wondering what tools I need to do it the right way.

Below is what I've done so far, a bit haphazard and quick?

Klonopin .5mg

take half morning and night

3.5 years on

water/milk taper - stop and hold as well, at the same time

i dissolve the pill in 300mL water and take a tablespoon or however much it is until i get to the right amount

taper

3-18 .475

3-21 .45

3-27 .425

3-31 .4

4-5 .375

4-10 .35

4-13 .325

4-16 .3

4-22 .275

4-26 .25

4-30 .225

5-5 .2

5-9 .175

5-12 .15

5-15 .25 this is where i messed up, it was an accident, i didnt notice until 6 days later

5-21 .125 then i halved the dose which was stupid so i went back up

5-24 .2

5-26 .15

5-28 .125

6-1 .1 and this is where i stopped and also the day after is when the symptoms started coming on strong.

You have done an excellent job.

There is nothing wrong.

However, you did reduce fast so there is a chance all your previous reductions are going to catch up to you and hit you all at once.

How are you feeling?  What are your symptoms?

Glad to hear your math is correct but I agree with Bob7, your taper has been very rapid, perhaps slowing down will help the intensity of your symptoms.  Something to know about this process, getting off the drug is only the first phase, recovery takes awhile too.  The more healing you can do on the way down, the less you’ll need to do once off the drug when you don’t have the it to mitigate your symptoms.

The reason I’m concerned about the teaspoons is because its not very accurate.  Have you ever noticed the way liquid can round itself above the rim of the measuring spoon?  I worry you might be taking out more than you should.  A syringe would be so much better for accuracy.

Symptoms have been nausea (which i have not experienced thus far and has brought on a lot of missed meals and therefore exhaustion),  lil bug crawling sensation on my skin [which should have clued me into my klonopin symptoms coming on strong, cuz she the only one that does this to me :P], dizziness, foggy brain, full body numbness and tingling, cold sweats, abdominal pain, diahrea, insomnia, restless sleep, racing thoughts, racing heart.

The insomnia is getting bad and idk what to do about it. I usually get 10 hours of sleep and last night I maybe got 5 but it was not sound and was constantly interrupted. The jerking has gone down. Would melatonin help? I've taken it once and it made me really groggy but I'm groggy anyways now?

I'm also super nauseous which is freaking me out.

Would I just get a food grade syringe and dissolve the whole pill every time? Is there math for this somewhere? It's a lot to hold in my head rn.

I'm very frustrated because I started this in March and idk what gave me the idea of changing my dose every 3 to 5 days but I thought that was slow because my psychiatrist said I could get off in a month. I didn't mean to fuck up this bad. I thought I did my research. I've gone off this stuff cold turkey before and nothing of note happened. But I am older now, 27. Idk I am just really upset. Thank you all for your support.

Klonopin .5mg

take half morning and night

3.5 years on

water/milk taper - stop and hold as well, at the same time

i dissolve the pill in 300mL water and take a tablespoon or however much it is until i get to the right amount

taper

3-18 .475

3-21 .45

3-27 .425

3-31 .4

4-5 .375

4-10 .35

4-13 .325

4-16 .3

4-22 .275

4-26 .25

4-30 .225

5-5 .2

5-9 .175

5-12 .15

5-15 .25 this is where i messed up, it was an accident, i didnt notice until 6 days later

5-21 .125 then i halved the dose which was stupid so i went back up

5-24 .2

5-26 .15

5-28 .125

6-1 .1 and this is where i stopped and also the day after is when the symptoms started coming on strong.

6-7 .2 updosed to try to stabilize

Also any idea how long I'll need for this to catch up? Like how long should I hold or should I go up to .25? And how long might these symptoms last while I hold?

TRY VERY HARD NOT TO GO BACK UP.

I have found many people get one free ticket off of benzos, but when they get back on them, it is hell to taper.

I did the same thing as you.  I tapered way to fast and all the symptoms caught up to me at once.  Insomnia is the worse.  I recommend you take all your remaining dose at bed to help with that.  You can also use Benadryl - it really helps. 

When this happened to me, I held to 8 weeks and my doctor gave me Buspar during those 8 weeks.  It got me stable again and then I continued my taper, slowly to zero.

I suggest you hold until your are stable and ask your doctor about Buspar.  Then, when you are ready to continue, drop your current dose into 120 mL of water.  Stir well and each day remove 1 mL - drink the rest including the rinse water.  On day 2, remove 2mL and drink the rest.  On day 3, remove 3 mL and drink the rest.  You will slowly taper for 120 day and be done.

But your are going to take a long time to get over the insomnia.  I call it anxiety induced insomnia.  You anxiety is up because your benzo is going away.  Learn natural tools to control anxiety.  Get on YouTube and find help.  Practice.  It takes weeks to learn natural anxiety control.

I’m glad you’re getting some help to retool your taper, accuracy is critical.

This theory may explain why this time coming off the drug is different. Kindling