How can I adjest Ashton Manual's 3mg Klonopin schedule to 4 mgs?

[Om...]

Hi all.

So, currently I'm on 4mg of Klonopin daily - 2mgs in the morning and 2mg in the evening. I've been tapering now for 3 years to get to this point (sometimes was updosing when the wd sx get worse). Anyways, now I'm on 4mgs. I didn't follow the Aashton manual until now cuz it doesn't have a chart for much higher doses than 3 mgs (I was doing insane amounts of dosages at the beginning). Is it possible to adjust the 3mg chart to fit someone like me who is on 4mgs? If so, how?

(Btw. Here in Srilanka, as to my experience, I don't think there are shrinks who even have Heard of or consider the Ashton method as a viable withdrawal option. In the early stages, one shrink even told me to get rid of one 2mg K pill every day and replace it with a SSRI. So I dumped these shrinks, which I cannot trust and took the task to my own hands. I was able to taper from around 14mg K down to 4mgs on my own, without any life threatening events. Never had to go to ER or anything like that up to this point)

Thank you so much for any help.

I don't understand, are you planning to cross over to Valium as the Ashton manual suggests? 

I'm glad you took your taper into your own hands, it looks like you've been successful at reducing your dose, can't you just continue doing this?

I don't understand, are you planning to cross over to Valium as the Ashton manual suggests? 

I'm glad you took your taper into your own hands, it looks like you've been successful at reducing your dose, can't you just continue doing this?

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I'm trying to go my final steps as the Ashton manual suggests, cuz the lower the dosage I take it seems like my prominent symptoms (mostly IBS) gets worse and now it has become so hard and debilitating. I'm hoping if I cross over to Valium, my IBS problems might get easier to deal with -- but I dunno that till I try the manual. It's like a test, cuz everyone seems to say that cuz valium has a longer half-life it's easier on you, and Klonopin is somehow vicious than valium. Do you think if I cross over, the tapering (0.5mgs cut around per two weeks) might get messed up and I might get into a worse situation? I mean I understand there's no exact answer to that, but is there a possibility that might happen?

I never suggest crossing over to Valium unless the member is experiencing severe interdose withdrawal from their short acting drug which Klonopin is not.  Valium is a benzo and because your digestive system seems to be where your greatest distress is coming from, its likely Valium will exploit that just as Klonopin is. 

Its typical to feel increased symptoms as you get lower in dose so the answer isn't to cross to another benzo which will add time to your taper, it would be wise to slow down.  Many have mentioned Ashton goes too fast so symptom based tapers are better than rigid schedules.  Something else to know, members report Valium can cause sedation and depression when you first start taking it, some can't deal with this and go back to their original benzo which can add months to the process.  I don't want to completely discourage you from considering this, I just want you to understand Valium isn't the answer for some.

I never suggest crossing over to Valium unless the member is experiencing severe interdose withdrawal from their short acting drug which Klonopin is not.  Valium is a benzo and because your digestive system seems to be where your greatest distress is coming from, its likely Valium will exploit that just as Klonopin is. 

Its typical to feel increased symptoms as you get lower in dose so the answer isn't to cross to another benzo which will add time to your taper, it would be wise to slow down.  Many have mentioned Ashton goes too fast so symptom based tapers are better than rigid schedules.  Something else to know, members report Valium can cause sedation and depression when you first start taking it, some can't deal with this and go back to their original benzo which can add months to the process.  I don't want to completely discourage you from considering this, I just want you to understand Valium isn't the answer for some.

Ok I understand, thank you. Seems like it's better off continuing my current schedule than start a whole thing now. I had not heard that Valium gives you depression until you just told me. I'll taper as usual.  Thanks again for the valuable information.