Still trying to figure out what happened to me. The "how" is driving me mad

[DM...]

Hello,

This may need to be moved to a different part of this website, apologies.

I've posted here a few times, and I hate to make another thread, but I have always been a person with obsessive thinking and thoughts -- it is very hard for me to let go of things, and to just be "okay" with something. This is a great personality for life goals, but a terrible personality for medical issues.

My signature tells my story pretty well. I know there is a tinnitus forum Ttalk, and one on here, but Ttalk is super toxic and the thread here is pretty dead, and I am looking for an explanation.

I had mild T up until Jan 8th. Here is the timeline:

Jan 2nd: Acoustic Trauma from 120 db car alarm. Caused a T spike significant enough for me to post on Reddit about, but not significant enough for me to stop any of the things I was doing in my life. 

Jan 3-8th: Nothing notable. Kept working, did everyday things, T spiked when I smoked weed.

Jan 8th (night): Smoked too much, ears rang like crazy, had to wake up early to go skiing, got like 2 hours of sleep and my left EAR (not brain) was hissing loudly.

Jan 9th: Took a 2 mg valium from my girlfriend, took a nap, took a shower, and T was back to mild.

Jan 10th: Woke up to mild T again, but the loud T the day before really messed me up and I got a same-day psych appointment and was prescribed .5 clonazepam, the dose I was on for 4 years before I cold turkeyed.

Jan 11th: Woke up to what can only be described as an electrical wire jammed inside of my BRAIN. Piercing, unmaskable, horrible.

Every day since jan 11th my T has been up and down, but when I say up and down, I mean 0 to 100 for scale.

It used to be 1 day on, 1 day off to a "T". Eventually by June it got to 2 days on, 3 days on, 4 days on, 1 day off.

I realized the clonazepam wasn't helping, and decided to jump from .75 mg to .5 (I had gotten prescribed up to 1mg/day at that point).

I had never gotten more than 1 good day in a row, no matter what I did.

The week I jumped down, I started to get 2 good days, 3 good days, 4 good days in a row etc.

My normal T is a mild hiss, the "new" T is electrical, reactive, unmaskable, higher pitched and changes every 5 minutes.

Here lies my question that is driving me crazy and is polluting this support group (I'm sorry, me me me):

Is it even possible to get horrible tinnitus from reinstating clonazepam??

What would be the science or explanation from tinnitus from reinstating?

I have read that once the GABA/Glutamate conversion is messed up, drugs that are supposed to increase gaba can actually increase glutamate.

I have also read about paradoxical reactions, but on my bad days, the clonazepam does seem to lower the T and lower my anxiety.

Finally, I have read of one account here that matches my description almost exactly (Makeitstaph). I don't think he had a history of benzo use though, and he didn't get any "days off". He seems to have gotten better from his last post though.

I know I should stop obsessing about this, but this has disrupted my life horribly.

I am tapering down now, not knowing if I will recover, or if the benzo is even to blame.

This is the last separate thread I'll make about this, again sorry, but no one has answers and I'm looking to this friendly community for help.