Head pain/sensations with secondary symptoms

[Gr...]

Hello, I'm starting a group for those who visited other groups involving head sensations, but felt they failed to address other sensations and symptoms.

This is one of the most bothersome and scary of the symptoms I've experienced personally. Right now my subconscious is telling me that I have a brain tumor or something worse happening.

Please discuss what the primary head pain/sensation is like

Then the secondary symptoms. The weirder and less talked about the better.

The best way I can describe this is to split my symptoms into categories.

Primary and secondary just refers to the first symptom which shows up... This will be the head pain/Sensations, and the secondary symptoms which seems to be sparked from the primary symptom.

Then there's another category, I can it for me "The Bad". Now this is tough to explain but when I'm having a wave, I have certain waves which produce a more insidious worsen degrees of symptoms. I hope it makes more sense as I talk about this.

Primary:

My head pain mostly effects the top of my head, feels like a squeezing sensation mixed with pressure. Like there's a weird blanket covering the top of my head, and my brain is so raw and exposed that this blanket is just  too stimulating hurting the top of my brain more while producing a sensation I wouldn't know where to start explaining. It actually gets so bad sometimes that I start screaming inside of my mind for help.

My brain pulsates and I convince myself that I have a tumor or something.

I haven't identified a trigger yet it just comes on slowly and peaks around a hour sometimes two, this is generally where the bulk of the symptoms stem from and if "The Bad" is to happen... It will be then

Secondary:

Like clock work I'll experience visual issues, nothing like you're typical blurred vision or anything like that, my are very troubling...ill get things like seeing yellow spots, wavy vision where it looks like my visual field is moving side to side, hyper vision were there is a uncomfortable sensation and strain on my eyes followed by my visual fields being too overly focused like if you ever stared at a object... Only I can't turn my off, light sensitivity, seeing flashing aggressive lights when lights are closed, visual snow, seeing things in the sides of vision.

Weakness and limbs:

This one is pretty troublesome, either my entire body feels over whelming weak or its my left arm. My left arm can feel weak, heavy, numb and dropping all in one it's not right.

The Bad:

Let's start with the head sensations... If things get very bad, I'll get these symptoms

- Feeling like I'm falling in my own mind

-feeling like my mind is splitting from reality (Not DP/DR)

Vision: Overly stimulation. Light sensitivity is turned up to the max were I feel like even cell phone light sends a current to my brain making it feel weird.

Seeing even more aggressive patterns when my eyes are closed

Limbs and weakness:

Tonight was bad, When my brain was in Lai /sensations I felt like I was putting more effort into moving my limbs which freaked me out. Made me think that a brain tumor was now sending me in the vurge of losing my ability to move my limbs.

My anxiety is terrible now, I can't stop bad negative thoughts and all I can think of is

1) I can't find anyone to relate to, everyone has the more basic and common symptoms what is wrong with me?

2) Maybe I have this and that and the doctors can't find jt

3) this was bad last month... It seems to only get worse, my symptoms are morphing and morphing and I can't stop it. I'm sitting bedbound in a body that's failing

That's my story so far or the symptoms I currently have.

I'm 18 months off Ativan Cold Turkey because I couldng handle the paradoxical effects my nervous system was way too wreckedb

Like when my head gets like this I'm having trouble moving my limbs mainly my arm and hands, and food of any kind is a massive stresses which sets me off. I've never been so helpless and fearful with no one to connect to.

Hi Greyzpne. So sorry you are suffering so much. Your visual disturbance description sounds a lot like an aura which precedes the actual pain portion of a complex migraine. When that happens try taking a break from screens and lie down in a cool dark room if you can. You could try an ice pack on the top of your head. These help me when I get an aura, although not benzo withdrawal related; just genetic and bad luck I think, maybe a little past trauma mixed in. There is a central nervous sensitization component to migraine which would make sense as a benzo withdrawal symptom. Like all symptoms you are experiencing they will improve, could be replaced by something else, but most of them just disappear one day as those receptors are healed. Ativan is a hard CT. Hang in there, friend.

I often will get head symptoms including headaches, pressure, and a sedated (head-stuffed-with-cotton feeling) that feels like a fog or floating. Occasionally, these have been related to some kind of DR experience. I used to say I was floating, but now I often will say I'm having head symptoms when I make notes in my symptoms journal. These multiple and morphing symptoms will often occur in the early evenings.

That's interesting about the atypical migraine aura... I had one of those one time about eight years ago, and I've never had another one since, but I wonder if that's why I've been more susceptible to these symptoms. It was weird: visual disturbances progressing into difficulty forming sentences and ending with bad headache pain.