• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fo...]

• [...]

• [Bl...]

• [le...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear FoxGlove,

Not sure there is a cold-turkey support group here.

I myself went cold turkey back in Sep 2020 and I do read comments from other people who also went cold turkey. 

Still having serious muscle/joint pain and stiffness.  In a really nasty wave for about 4 weeks now - some days I am hardly able to walk.  Cannot believe that it can be so bad this far out.  Unreal. 

How are your symptoms?

Dear FoxGlove,

Not sure there is a cold-turkey support group here.

I myself went cold turkey back in Sep 2020 and I do read comments from other people who also went cold turkey. 

Still having serious muscle/joint pain and stiffness.  In a really nasty wave for about 4 weeks now - some days I am hardly able to walk.  Cannot believe that it can be so bad this far out.  Unreal. 

How are your symptoms?

All this time I posted about pain and here you are! The muscle and joint pain had been my most terrorizing symotom, I never though it'd be possible to have this kind of pain as if there is wood inside of my body, barbed wires, just crippling stiffness. I'm still so anxious and have alot of temp regulation issues, I sweat for no reason or so it feels like trickling on the scalp and my hands and feet feel wet. Still having random weird mental akathesia storm of thoughts and sometimes at night it is pretty scary.  Until 3 pm daily I do not have a chance of functioning beyond a comfortable space, just light headed and sometimes feel I am going to lose my vision, so weird. Still quite struggling , thank you for writing I am so lonely

It’s going to get better. I promise. One moment at a time if you have to. Distraction is your best friend. Also, you are not alone and many have walked this path and healed. You will too!

Thank you,  💕  it is so hard, I just feel like the depression I never knew it was possible to feel this depressed

When I do anything, get up or try to workout,  I have so many pops and cracks, it is crazy. Never had pain before quitting.

What usually helps me is gentle swimming, and sometimes just even floating in a pool.  Hot tubs and heat pads can also give me some, temporary, relief.

Hope we all get through this hell very soon.

I know there was a group for “Cold Turkey” in the past, but it is now archived, I think so…

I read a lot about it as I am stuck in my taper and I am considering this route.

What usually helps me is gentle swimming, and sometimes just even floating in a pool.  Hot tubs and heat pads can also give me some, temporary, relief.

Hope we all get through this hell very soon.

Good advice, thank you.  I wish I could swim in my house cause it's about the only place I can go lol.  Sigh.  I'm still so worried about a seizure this far out.  Get sick of worrying

I know there was a group for “Cold Turkey” in the past, but it is now archived, I think so…

I read a lot about it as I am stuck in my taper and I am considering this route.

I need to look for it,  I'm sorry you're stuck. I tried tapering and I couldn't do it

@[Fo...]

It was a pretty encouraging group, as we could see the improvements with almost everyone. The tone of this thread was somewhat very positive.

Hang up there, the thing I remember from this group is everyone was healing, even after a cold turckey.

Marie79

• 2 weeks later...

Is there already one ? I am having such a hard time, anyone want to connect ?

Hey, are you feeling better ?

A Cold turkey support group is a good idea, thanks :)

Just started a week ago and it's already hard. But it could ( will I suppose ) get worse. I hope I am going to be able to face that.

Not feeling bad everyday, but nervous for sure. I am like on stimulants. But sometimes, my brain just loose control.  :crazy:

Every day is a small victory.  :thumbsup:

No, not too much better honestly but I also quit and ssri so I know my case isn't strictly the same as just benzo. I'd like to hope I'd be better than I am if it had just been the benzo, how long were you on ?

6 months / 10mg Valium and 1.5 year / 5mg Valium.

I don't know what to expect ( even after days of readings about that ), first time I am trying to quit.

The main problem seems to be alcohol ; I am not drinking a lot, but 4-5 days a week ( since years and years ). How am I going to deal with that ?

But yeah, I just want to try to keep going this way. If I fail, I'll continue tapering. But I want to try first. I have time, not a lot of obligations at all.

But in the miserable state I am in, I discover interesting things about myself. Not everything is dark ^^.

---

Quiting SSRI at the same time ... You are courageous !  :)

6 months / 10mg Valium and 1.5 year / 5mg Valium.

I don't know what to expect ( even after days of readings about that ), first time I am trying to quit.

The main problem seems to be alcohol ; I am not drinking a lot, but 4-5 days a week ( since years and years ). How am I going to deal with that ?

But yeah, I just want to try to keep going this way. If I fail, I'll continue tapering. But I want to try first. I have time, not a lot of obligations at all.

But in the miserable state I am in, I discover interesting things about myself. Not everything is dark ^^.

---

Quiting SSRI at the same time ... You are courageous !  :)

I'm here to talk, it's very hard , I wish I'd tapered, please keep me updated.  How are you doing today ?

When I woke up, I just wanted to take a Valium and go back to sleep. Smoked some weed and was like " I'm not feeling it a lot, I should take half a Valium ".

My memory, compared to other days, seems to be affected a lot. Like if I took a lot of benzos yesterday. This morning I lost my phone already, and forgot two things I did yesterday. In 30 minutes ...

But not everything is negative. Random old memories / sensations are coming to my mind, and some are nice.

My belly was a disaster yesterday, but seems to be ok at the moment.

Very low motivation, a lot of energy ...

How about you ?

When I woke up, I just wanted to take a Valium and go back to sleep. Smoked some weed and was like " I'm not feeling it a lot, I should take half a Valium ".

My memory, compared to other days, seems to be affected a lot. Like if I took a lot of benzos yesterday. This morning I lost my phone already, and forgot two things I did yesterday. In 30 minutes ...

But not everything is negative. Random old memories / sensations are coming to my mind, and some are nice.

My belly was a disaster yesterday, but seems to be ok at the moment.

Very low motivation, a lot of energy ...

How about you ?

I've had so much physical issues honestly, pain, things I don't understand how they could happen. Mentally I feel like someone else and can't relate to myself before this, I was very optimistic for a long time but lately I just am very defeated

I made a big "mistake" today/yesterday... I wasn't able to go back to a city ( was studying there 4 years, finished in a very bad way, have some traumas related to this city ) for years. And I decided to go there to visit a friend.

=> It's like a bad trip in a bad trip. A horror trip.

I decided to drink a beer not to finish 100% mad, it kind of worked ... but now withdrawals are even stronger ( my head is hurting a lot, wasn't the case before the beer ).

But the good part -> I managed to do something I couldn't for years. Yeah, it's not nice. So many triggers everywhere. Memories. Traumas. But I am still alive.

Hope you are feeling OK.

I agree with having a mare, 44 months since CT. I was forced to by GP, would never have chosen to. Physical symptoms eased after few months, but still got  anxiety and mental symptoms. Fox I also tried an SSRI, withdrawal from that pretty brutal. Things have eased bit, but not recovered, does take long time sometimes.

I made a big "mistake" today/yesterday... I wasn't able to go back to a city ( was studying there 4 years, finished in a very bad way, have some traumas related to this city ) for years. And I decided to go there to visit a friend.

I decided to drink a beer not to finish 100% mad, it kind of worked ... but now withdrawals are even stronger ( my head is hurting a lot, wasn't the case before the beer ).

But the good part -> I managed to do something I couldn't for years. Yeah, it's not nice. So many triggers everywhere. Memories. Traumas. But I am still alive.

Hope you are feeling OK.

Still alive too but wish we were happy and thriving. Been hard to do much always feel so nervous and have alot of Dysautonomia stuff.  What's your plans for the rest of your day?

I agree with having a mare, 44 months since CT. I was forced to by GP, would never have chosen to. Physical symptoms eased after few months, but still got  anxiety and mental symptoms. Fox I also tried an SSRI, withdrawal from that pretty brutal. Things have eased bit, but not recovered, does take long time sometimes.

Mare and leann, it's been awful truly.    I wish I never ever did this to my body, if I could reinstate without more damage maybe, I would. I waited too long and now its just a mess. Lately have been having dysphagia,  terrifying ...but like my throat just stopped working even eating,  had to force the swallow down, chin feels numb.  No idea if it's related but doc didn't seem to be able to help

Hope you are feeling OK.

Still alive too but wish we were happy and thriving. Been hard to do much always feel so nervous and have alot of Dysautonomia stuff.  What's your plans for the rest of your day?

Sorry, couldn't answer yesterday. I had to close my eyes and lay down because the migraine got so bad. I'm not used at all to have that. I maybe used screens too much, it did not help.

I listened to movies, documentaries. And I was feeling better after some hours.

"Benzo belly" and orthostatic hypotension can be related to dysautonomia ? Have that a lot.

I'm sure it's possible to be happy and thriving one day.  :thumbsup:

But right now all I want is a Valium. Have to fight cravings a lot.

Hope you are feeling OK.

Sorry, couldn't answer yesterday. I had to close my eyes and lay down because the migraine got so bad. I'm not used at all to have that. I maybe used screens too much, it did not help.

I listened to movies, documentaries. And I was feeling better after some hours.

"Benzo belly" and orthostatic hypotension can be related to dysautonomia ? Have that a lot.

I'm sure it's possible to be happy and thriving one day.  :thumbsup:

But right now all I want is a Valium. Have to fight cravings a lot.

Leam, sorry my autocorrect called you leann

No problems

Are you OK now ( with the dysphagia ) ?

I was wondering, do you sometimes have good experiences related to the withdrawals ? Even if it's mainly physical and mental pain, sometimes I am amazed by some "things" in all this mess in my head. Positive things.

But yeah, suffering a lot right now. 12 days off. Seems like an eternity. Still a long way to go. It's good for my body at least. I hope.