Weird Visual disturbances group

[Ha...]

For those of us with more so weirder/scarier visual/perceptional symptoms besides blurred vision with is a more so common symptom. I'm looking for folks with symptoms that aren't so common place. My vision is very bad now I keep having waves of troubling and very scary symptoms. Wondering if others can share theyre

I'm looking for people who have symptoms you hardly see in these groups. Please share some visual disturbances.

I currently have

1) Seeing yellow spots. Now they've morphed into seeing a wide range of other colors.

2) seeing aggressive patterns when eyes are closed

3) eye feel uncomfortable like there's a layer of something bothering them

4) seeing in filter, sometimes I'll see vivid vision, environmental and objects look off or cartoonish.

5) Visual snow and static or grainy vision. Like if I look at a object the edges will seem like there's millions of dots or that the edges are made of dots

6) Hyper vision. You know if you look at something for too long your visual field becomes more focused and that object seems more pronounced. Now imagine that but every single object and environmental thing in your visual is that way with no way to turn that off.

7) Halways stretching

8) After imagines big time. I can see the last thing I looked at for a good 20 minutes when my eyes are closed if I'm not dealing with a light show

• Like 1

I have almost all of these. Visual symptoms are my worst symptoms.

The retina has a large concentration of gaba receptors I have read. Second only to the Limbic system.

So it makes sense, but it’s so concerning to have so many weird things happening visually.

• Like 1

Holy crap it makes sense, thank you for answering I seriously thought my visual issues where outside of what benzos could do because I've only heard people talk about the muscle lining around the eyes which given my symptoms... I knew that couldn't possibly be the cause of actually seeing a distorted visual field of all kinds. Thank you so much for that bit of information, I honestly didn't realize that. I knew that GABA is seen everyone in the body with most being seen in the limbic system within the CNS of the Nervous system but in the eye it's self... I should of seen that coming or knew that. Now I do thanks again.

And hey I'm wishing you nothing but the best in your recovery, praying your visual dysfunctions and altered perceptions go away for good, hopefully your a wave shy of full recovery. Thank you again

I'm off Lorazepam going on 17 months now C/T. I couldn't taper it wasn't possible. I kept having these out of body like sensations everytime I'd take a dose it was too frightening. So I went Cold turkey