Head pressure and squeezing.

[fr...]

I know a lot of people have this.  I have had it today for the first time and I am so terrified.  I have a lot of burning nerve pain but never had any head symptoms until today.  Does anyone know anything that can help this.  I'm not even tapering at the moment just holding due to unbearable pain and symptoms.  I feel I can't take much more. Help. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Vi...]

• [Kl...]

• [Aj...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your pain. I know is terrible. I'm 13 months out and suffering with burning squeezing head and scalp for about 2 years now. This is the worst pain ever. So sorry you have to go trough this.

Hot bath can help, or I put my head under  a cold  ish water and is comes the burning a bit. Or ice on your head.

Hopefully with time it will get better. Most people say is slowly going away. I'm hoping to one day I will get some relief.

Hang in there

Love and healing

Vica

• 1 month later...
I was looking for a group for this exact WD symptom. I have constant head and ear pressure with dizziness and bad headaches...these symptoms last for days on end!  I also have horrible nausea, but the head stuff is the worst!

• 3 weeks later...
I have it right now. I'm at work and it feels like my brain will squeeze through my ears and my eyes will pop out. Using a PC and screen is so painful.  It's in my neck and face too, just awful. Wish someone could explain exactly what it is. Life without this will be amazing. I do freak out worrying it's something else,  and then I see it's not just me. No one should have to put up with this.

My worst symptoms in a wave are head pressure with nausea and tinnitus off the charts. I feel like I'm in deep water or something with the crushing head and ringing. I often have dry heaving with this. 45 months off now and also I get good days, 1/2 my time is spent in hell with the above symptoms.

Another day of this...been two weeks in a BAD wave & now I have a bloated stomach and vomiting.  I think I got the flu from my kids, but add it to my head stuff and I don't think I'll make it!

• 3 weeks later...
Suffering so badly with this right now. My brain feels like it will squeeze out of my ears. Lots of pulsating in the head and ears too. Absolutely terrified in hell.

Ok, the pressure has spread to my face now and it's making it feel numb. Anyone else? especially if quite far out? To be honest i'm freaking out!

cold (ice cubes in a towel wrapped on head), or  immersion in a bucket with ice cold water (head and face only)

It helps me.I feel as if there are sores at the inside of my skull or brain:/ And if my brain is shrinking or expanding, basically its like a migraine but at instead of behind eyes/temples its all over the skull

I used to take ''solpadein'' (in Europe) for recurrent migraine, which has now is kind of gone to my surprise. I had it daily when updosing on benzos. It was one reason I started suspecting benzos are naaaaaasty.... I was updosing a little due to tolerance levels reached and always had migraine.

Now I still get occasional migraine (when I dont sleep enough for example) and avoid solpadein, aspirin, and any drug, I put ice caps or ice hats or just ice cubes in a towel on my head and showlders and wear dark shade eye glasses and try not to read or look tv/pc but listen audiobooks.... Its tough when I have one cause it feels as if my blood pressure is high too (I used to have a blood pressure monitor but my foggy brains have lost many items and I must invest 50 euro minimum to get a new one).

Ice should not touch bare skin (just to make sure ppl dont hurt themselves reading this), and enough towels should be between the ice and the skin. Ice can burn the skin. One day I froze part of my belly so much that I had to cuddle a warm water bottle. When I say ''ice'' I mean used safely. Its easier to diffuse towels in a water bowl that contains some ice cubes, then wrap it around the head, thats safer than actually wearing ice cubes straight on head/body.

But really I do have surged panic attacks/anxiety/ and tremors as withdrawal symptoms but very glad my daily migraine (that was there with high daily dose of benzo) is now gone...

• 3 weeks later...

17 months out and still terrible burning squeezing thingling head and scalp. I don't know how long I will have this but my body is exhausted.

My hormones all over I have inflammation and hasimoto and under active thyroid, low projesterone.... what else is coming. I'm so so tired.

Love and healing to you all

Vica

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the pressure has spread to my face now and it's making it feel numb. Anyone else? especially if quite far out? To be honest i'm freaking out!

Yup...me...I have it on both sides of my nose, sometimes all the way up through my eyes to my forehead, and down to my chin.  It is the scariest sensation.  When I have it really bad, I start to worry, because usually that means I'm going to start having vertigo again.  I'm with you...this is definitely worth a freak out...I can't imagine the rest of my life like this...

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody feel your scalp has bumps and is hurting very badly? Like your blood vessels are going to explode any second or is feels like a bad cramp in your scalp?

When is going to end? I'm suffering badly

Vica

• 2 weeks later...

I find that Cinnarizine can help with some of the  head symptoms. Not the pain but for me it can esse the wierder stuff a little bit.

I have it on prescription for vertigo in the UK but it is basically a travel sickness pill that is often sold as Sturgeron in chemists.

Last couple of days I’ve got a vibrating sensation going up the back of my head just behind my right ear? Anyone else had this? Trying to keep calm and treat it like just another symptom but it’s starting to freak me out 🤨

Yes it is a sort of bubbling sensation, a bit like trapped nerve? Did it eventually just go away for you. I have M.E too btw.

The other thing it could be is that i've got a really bad cough at the moment, must be coughing 100 times a day, had it for a couple of weeks (the whole family has it) and it feels like it's a strain on my neck when i cough, especially if i'm lying down or asleep when i start coughing.

Anyway hope it goes away soon, symptoms are piling up on me at the moment and it's annoying.

Is it a sort of bubbling sensation?

Not had that with withdrawal but has iot when first got ME - was told it's just a nerve.

Hi Stuckindoors.

I had it initially 21 years ago when first got ill.

Yes it has gone but neck is much much worse in so many other ways I now think of the bubbling as a minor thing and associate it with muscles releasing actually so kind of a good thing.

If I get that bubbling sensation anywhere it normally accompanies a release of a long term spasm. I haven't had this since started withdrawal but it rarely happened anyway.

How long have you had ME?