Mutiple Tapers/long haulers/high dosages

[ba...]

Thank you baddove. I hear you and feel the same. I'm cutting 0.10 Valium a month. That's about 5%. We'll get there. My priority is not coming off. It's being as functional as possible as I taper. I'm not going to injure my brain again with a taper that it can't handle.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ba...]

• [to...]

• [He...]

• [Lo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Valium, I feel you.

I am holding until I finish some extensive dental work which started with an oral surgery/opiods which slammed me so hard, I walked back my cut. I have to be functional enough to finish this process. I am much more stable (not perfect) at this point. I think holding finally paid off. My cut on November 22 and the previous 1 or 2 overwhelmed my CNS. I walked back to where I was, before the surgery, and things improved significantly.

I have learned to cut around 5%, and hold for at least 3 weeks. I feel it within a day or 2, and by a week, it is bad. I just have to push through until it resolves, usually 3/4 weeks, unless I have a surgery or some other medical or real life chaos.

It is astounding to me how much distress such a tiny cut can create.  However, better to crawl than to crash.  I too, have accepted that with the condition of my CNS, I have to be careful, slow and low.

You summed it up perfectly when you said you were not going to injure your brain again with a taper it can't handle. Did that, then got thrown for a second time with floxing x 3 in a row for a serious antibiotic resistant infection.

Each new taper has been harder. I do not want to end up starting a 4th one. So, I hold when I am in trouble, or if I just can't do it (like the surgery/opiods) I will walk back the last cut.

Have discovered that updosing/downdosing when acute does not really work.

Also, an emergency dose will set me right when all my doses start paradoxing. When the paradoxes start, it seems like my brain is stuck there. I will take a reduced emergency dose at night with my seroquel, and it seems to reset my brain back to just withdrawal, which is doable. When I was writing about feeling like I was in Ct, it was my doses paradoxing. I was cutting and my CNS was absolutely not ready.

So I learned something.

Have learned we have to find our own way, even if it is not strictly conventional per Ashton and the general model for tapering. However, if we don't do it in a way that works for us, we will be in a state of agony, and I have been there. I do not see how my brain can undertake any healing when I am in acute distress.

We will heal, but we have to discover and follow our method around our injury to be able to taper.

Hope to be able to cut more eventually, but no idea what is coming until it arrives.

My best to you

Have learned we have to find our own way, even if it is not strictly conventional per Ashton and the general model for tapering. However, if we don't do it in a way that works for us, we will be in a state of agony, and I have been there. I do not see how my brain can undertake any healing when I am in acute distress.

SPOT ON!  I have felt this way about the taper for almost 2 years now. Ashton held the first (and only to my knowledge) clinic to help people get off of benzo's and while her method has done wonders for so many, I believe that for a lot of people, especially long term users, and those of us who were unable to crossover to valium, the taper can be "tweaked".  I have had several moments when I "bent or broke the rules" a bit in order to function but I didn't dare write them here. Lol  But....

I will now...  Last Christmas?  I had a glass of wine.  Last New Years, one glass of champagne (zero ill effects). Nothing since then but that's by choice not because of ill effects. Once I got under 1 milligrams I simply didn't want to risk it. 

My Moms emergency heart surgery 2 years ago? Slight updose that day to function. Again, right back to my taper the next day with no ill effects - in fact, on the upside, I slept for 8 hours that night.  I've done that a few times over an almost 4 year taper.  Nobody can tell me that a one off around 2 times per year caused a set back.  It didn't.  And with Xanax, we'd know it immediately.  I know my own body far better than a gram scale or a protocol. On the contrary, that tiny bit of a reprieve when I absolutely had to be functional and/or sleep, always worked and also gave me some peace that the symptoms were 100 percent taper related because most of the time, 75% of the symptoms would vanish within about 5 hours of taking the rescue dose.  We're not supposed to condone a rescue dose but it worked for me when I desperately needed it.  I don't make it a habit - and honestly, I did beat myself up like crazy once or twice over it, but I won't judge when it's done.  Desperate times can call for desperate measures. My doctor knows about everything... and I've told him how strict this site can be .. he just laughed!  He reassured me that while my CNS has taken a nasty hit, that my few times per year "tweak" simpy weren't going to do the damage I had feared. And at the end of the day, I never quit my taper.  I held, I tweaked, and I even did an updose and a long hold, butI kept going.  That's all that matters.

(I'm patiently awaiting to get "called out" on this... and I'm okay with it). 

Again, I wouldn't do it every week or even every month, but I can honestly say that it helped me.

This process stinks... so do what you need to do to make it tolerable.  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

L

I need to add that we (I am including you Lori, without a heads up, but i am confident you agree) are absolutely not suggesting other people take rescue doses , or go off plan per their taper.

Just sharing our own experiences.

My pdoc told me to prioritize being able to use my tool box over cutting. Throwing that our there. He feels functionality is more important than the rate of reduction. By being able to use tools, he feels that will help with the taper and enable  a smoother experience.

Baddove,

Absolutely!  It goes without saying that most people benefit from a methodical taper.  I simply think that everyone's circumtances are different as far as dose, lenth of use, length of taper, side effects, etc.  For some who have an extremely difficult and lengthy taper I think that tweaks along the way are almost inevitable for functionality sake alone. 

In hindsight, I also think I went too fast for a portion of my taper which is what led to it being far more challenging.  My biggest regret is that I didn't hold the first time that I got under 1 milligram.  Had I done so when I became absolutely bed ridden, I probably would have never had to hold for a full year+ or take the rescue doses (which all happened during the one year hold) to begin with and also most likely would have completed the taper by now.  I didn't adhere to the "listen to your body" advice because I was consumed with just being done with the taper. It was foolish on my part!  Hindsight - 20/20.

Hey everyone!

Good reading your posts and I can relate to all of them...the rescue doses, the tweaking-all of which for me are essential.

As I'm nearly approaching month 5 of my taper, even though I'm learning some painful lessons, like I am always bedridden for at least a day after making a single cut(usually hits on day 2/3), I'm getting into the groove of what this taper feels like as far as listening to my body.  I want it to go so much faster (like most of us), but I'm learning quickly that's not how it's going to be for me after 26 years of taking X.  One of the hardest things right now is the depression, it ranges from mild some days and nearly crippling others. That of course brings on anxiety and compulsive ruminating on what "I did" to cause the depression.  Benzo lie BUSTED-I did nothing, it's the damn medicine f****** with my brain chemistry.  I've also learned not be be so terrified and anal about what the gram scale says, with these cheap-o scales and the sandoz brand alprazolam, there is a shift of +/- 5mg.  I either average out the weight of 10 or 20 pills and shave off what I need from the average, or I sometimes eye it, since I've gotten so good at that.  I was always a good "eyeballer" with many things related to vision, shapes, etc.  I'm a hawk!  I've gotten to trust that, and not sweat it when I have blurry vision and I might be off on a few pills. Dealing with the repercussions of that, rather than the heart palpitating anxiety of being spot on the scale(which is impossible), for me is worth it.  I've been dealing with what I've heard is called "jelly legs", my leg muscles get so sore and weak (comes on in a flash, especially in the morning and can last almost the whole day), where it is hard to stay standing up, my arms are weak and my joints get painful and ache--muscles in other areas of my body are rigid and stiff to the point of pain. Anyone relate?  Let me know.

I'm not even going to worry that my post may not be as linear or cogent as I would like in my perfectionistic mind!  I say that aloud more for myself to hear it.  Perfectionism does me no good.  Well, it's almost time for my evening dose and my heart is racing and pulse is pounding, so I'm heading into the kitchen to take that lovely pill that got this dilemma started in the first place! Argh. Glad to be here. See you soon.

Edit: Profanity

Your post is fine.

Our bodies reduce production of many neurotransmitters when benzos are in play, and when we are getting off of them. This is behind a lot of our symptoms.  We all know gaba is not being absorbed, but other neurotransmitters are not being absorbed or produced efficiently  as well.

One is dopamine, here is a good article on it:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/what-is-dopamine

This sounds like a lot of your symptoms.

• 1 month later...

Baddove,

Checking in on you to see how you're doing.  I know you've been taking a break for awhile but that doesn't mean that you're not thought of. 

Hope you're doing okay! 

Fondly,

Lori

Slowly tapering with pain. Thanks for asking. Life has been throwing me a lot for a while, and I need to put my attention into remaining calm and dealing with issues. Don't really have the motivation to post right now.

Have a great day!

• 5 weeks later...
[ba...]

Hi All -

I read this thread and thought I might fit here. Here’s my story . I am not in a great place and could use friends and support. I was CT’d off Ativan in October of 2018. I can barely think about those early days as they were so traumatic. I was taking the Ativan for anxiety but this was something else. I couldn’t even look at my kids, it was so so awful. Of course I went to the hospital as I truly though I had lost my mind. Well that didn’t help much, I left with a bottle of Zoloft and a massive bottle of Zopiclone. I had no idea that the Zopiclone was like a benzo, but I hadn’t slept in 3 weeks at that point so I took it for a whole month and just continued to spiral. I had to take a leave from work and was so ashamed of myself. It was heartbreaking. My family had to care for my children and this devastated me as I’ve always thought I was such a good and fun mom, who prided herself on taking the best care of my kids that I could.

I finally saw the best doctor of my life and he looked over my prescriptions and said “your in full blown benzodiazepine withdrawal” he was so kind and compassionate and truly saved my life. He hugged me and let me know he would get me well. We was so young but knew exactly what was happening. He had me cross over slowly from Zopiclone to 5mgs of Valium and I tapered that slowly. I was so traumatized by my CT that when I got to the end of the taper I never jumped. I happily lived my life taking 0.25mgs of Valium a day. I did this for 18 months and was just fine (mistake 1).

Fast forward to November of 2021. I had my second COVID vaccine and developed pericarditis. This was terrifying and my anxiety went off the rails. I had other symptoms from the vaccine and have now been declared as having a massive adverse reaction. I also think my CNS was still weak as I was still taking the 0.25mgs. Things turned dark quickly. I stopped eating and sleeping and barely made it through Xmas with my kids. My doctor tried me on Pregabalin and it didn’t work for me. I stopped it CT after one week and had a bad time. I lost my emotions and became severely depressed. I was also mucking around with my Valium dose and trying to find some relief. I finally saw my pal the doctor mentioned above and he decided to try more Valium as it worked in the past. It has worked but I now find myself on a much higher dose. I am scared to face another taper. He has me taking a small dose of Mirtazapine as once again I didn’t sleep for 3 weeks. I tapered this for 2 of the 3 weeks!

I can’t even begin to describe what this last month has been like for me. I feel so unlike myself, like I’ve been lost and replaced with a sub human. I live on my couch and have no joy or imagination. It’s been so so scary. Finally the Valium has kicked in and I’m coming back around, just trying to get stable on the right dose.. I get no physical symptoms from tapering or WD just all mental and they are deadly. Not many days ago I thought I wasn’t too long for this world. My kids keep me here and I will walk through hell to keep them sane and safe. I am

Now trying to stabilize at 15mgs of Valium. It’s been a month and I think this is as good as it’s gonna get. I’m freezing cold and just plain mad at myself for this. I feel like it’s time to start tapering. I’m shaky and my CNS is begging me to get off. Can I join your club? Picking up liquid Valium today and not sure where to begin. I did cut and hold last time and it worked. What a mess I’ve made :( 

Bless

Yes, you are in the club.

You made the best choices you could with the information you had (almost none as to what these drugs do. no medical support, being gaslighted by the medical profession, judged by lay people and others in your life. And it goes on and on.

We stumble along knowing our meds are making us deathly ill and crazy, but can't get off, can't taper, just feeling stuck.

That was me. After a horrendous CT 20 years ago, I still did not know what xanax was. I had no clue.

I was put on an antidepressant 20 years later because my anxiety was flying through the roof, and It made me completely nuts. Later found out the "muscle relaxer" I had been put on for menopause was Valium, omg, I still had no idea it was a benzo. Only 20 small tablets, but that's all it took. My doctor did not connect those dots either. That Valium was what threw me right back in to hell. Doctor put me on xanax to acclimate to the AD. I got sicker and sicker, and threw away the AD after 4 weeks. But, now i was dependent on xanax again.

And this time, it did not make me feel calmed or better. I would take a pill, then another, then another. I quit a few times. I just kept getting sicker and sicker, and did not know what to do. Finally settled at 4 Mg's a day.

After getting floxed 3 times, and other medical setbacks, I was up to 9 Mg's of xanax a day. In agony. Doses paradoxing. Every hellish physical symptom possible. I fought with everything I had for a year, and very painfully got down to 8.5 Took a year!

Last fall I had surgery, and also cut off the tip of my finger, and then got quite ill for 6 weeks, and other things, so I held at 8.5 waiting for my body to recover from all the distress.

Since January, I have been able to cut for the first time since I got to 8.5. Very small, and once a month

to 2 weeks as I move along. The cuts are coming closer together.. In 3 weeks went to 8.25. And today, I cut to just under 8 MGS.

I feel the "inadequacy" of the dose, but I can also listen to music, cook, and am hoping to resume my yoga and exercise as soon as I can, I used to do it daily.  Had numerous illnesses that made me too sick to exercise, one after another the past year. They stole my exercise, which honestly, gave me an hour of relief when nothing else did. I want it back, will get there.

The main point is, yes, I feel the wd, but I also feel more alive and am able to appreciate things I could not handle in spite of the withdrawal. I no longer paradox. Physical symptoms only flare up with that awful intensity sporadically. It is a strange contradiction. Yes, i feel the wd, but I also feel more sane and able to do things that would usually drive me nuts.

I too, made a mess. I could not get out of it. But I did. I got moving, that .5 reduction that took a year didn't feel good at all, but I got there. Now I am moving at a faster rate.

If I could get started, you can. Get stable as you can first. No cutting yet. Start practicing every coping technique, doesn't matter how silly or off the wall it is. Teach yourself to use those coping techniques, and keep finding more before you even think about cutting.  If a technique does not work on a certain day, do a different one. Cold showers (I know, omg) gentle yoga, singing from your diaphragm, learn numerous breathing and meditation practices. Acupuncture, physical therapy, a cleanse, sage your house, buy flowers and weave them into a crown and hold your queenly head up high. Point is, try it all, and those that are the best, make a habit of, the others can augment. And some days nothing helps. It's normal. Just cry. It's all good. There is no "bad" coping.

I got to the point where I decided I was going to feel like shit no matter what, so might as well do a 45 minute yoga. I realized I could go to the store and did not die. Not every day, but about half the time. I did the opposite of what my fear said.

And when the anxiety rages, I just breathe and go ahead and get off my paralyzed butt, and do chores.

And some days I just cry.

It's all good.

It is those things that will get you through this, not the drug(s.)

When you know that your coping techniques have become your primary coping resource, then it is time to face the demon and cut. I don't care if you shave off crumbs from your doses. Start as small as you want.

If it takes you a year to make a small cut, do it. If you still feel sick, keep going. Somewhere, somehow, with a lot of coping techniques, counseling, and acceptance, I got to where I am today.  I was in so much agony, I lived with my coping techniques to stay off the couch. I did daily yoga, I engaged in numerous meditation techniques. I forced myself to ride my bike. I went to the grocer, I cried for hours, I had fits of rage, I turned off my phone a lot.

I am very sedate from numerous illnesses the past year, I may have said that. My goal is to get back to exercise. That for me, was the best tool in my arsenal. It takes discipline to start again. And, it is more important to me to get back to daily yoga than anything else right now.

That is the 360 in thinking that developing a toolkit and using it daily, and making it a habit creates. Your coping becomes more important than your cutting.

You will get through this.

You are not alone

Many of us have been stuck

We understand

We care

We will walk with you however you want us to.

In Peace

Baddove

[ba...]

Thank you so much for those kind kind words. A true balm to my soul, to feel so much less alone. When I tapered last time I just got better as I went lower, my body isn’t a fan of Valium. I think I’m about as stable as I’m gonna get here. My doses don’t feel great and I am just hanging onto my job by the SKIN of my teeth.

I have been at 15mgs for a month now and am just transferring over to the compounded liquid I used last time to taper. Last time I did a cut a hold and it worked well. I did 0.25 mgs every two weeks. I find the longer I am on the Valium, I am getting really shaky and my mental state isn’t ideal. Thank god I have so much support and a family who gets what I’m going through. I just keep getting so much conflicting information from all these groups I’m in. One says 2%, one says DLMT etc etc. I guess I’m just overloaded with information and need to figure out how to do this. My doctor wants me to try a 0.25 mgs cut to start, I am comfortable with this, but just don’t know what dose to take it from? I dose 3 times a day. The only dose that I feel some relief from is the 10mg before bedtime.

I really liked what I read in this group and everyone seemed to caring and kind. You are all amazing warriors and have so much collective knowledge.  :smitten:

Wide

I completely agree with letting go of being perfect on dose. It simply isn't possible, and a few milligrams don't really matter. I want to validate that comment, and everything else you said. For some of us, rescue doses are part of the process. I take them rarely, usually when my symptoms are so severe, I know my CNS can not deal with itself without some benzo help. It does not matter in the long run as long as it is sporadic.

I apologize for not being supportive earlier, I was in a bad space. I so relate to your physical pain, that has been my experience.

I have had the acute all over achiness, more in my joints than muscles. No idea why that happens. It can be painful enough to keep me from sleeping.

i love your comment that perfectionism does us no good. It is simply another form of trying to control the future.  Like most anxiety, it's a projection of controlling the next dose, the next day, the next appointment and not being trashed. Control is an illusion. I have come to say "What is the worst that could happen?" A panic attack, well, I have a lot of those, I can fake through it. Passing out? Done that, no one shamed me, just took me to the ER and they kept me for several hours feeding hydration and nutrition via IV until I recovered from what was an acute attack of vertigo. Wet my pants, yup, now I carry extra shorts rolled up in a ball. Whatever I  fear will happen, has happened, and I got through all of it, and was even supported most of the time. I have fallen off my bike so many times from everything turning upside down, I have a nice collection of benzo scars. The final outcome would be death. If I die, I die, we all do eventually.

As to your depression, it is the drug. i know you know that, but the knowledge has no effect on the organic. We can not logic ourselves out of the biology of the brain, with it's lack of receptor uptake in regards to not only gaba, but dopamine and serotonin and many more. I don't have an answer for you, but I suspect you will find your way. If it gets too bad, please reach out for help. Don't allow a temporary manifestation of brain induced injury decide the course of your life.

It is the process, and what we learn that matters, in my opinion.  Somehow, I hope that works for you and the depression.

With Much respect

Baddove

I followed some of your post from the past and like me you've already reinstated at least once I recon.

I was prescribed Cipro and a benzo hidden in an other medication 4 years ago just for digestive issues. Hell broke loose after two weeks and I ended up going to a psich doctor that put me in the med bus. Couldn't sleep for months and at the end after 6 months they put me on clonazepan that actually saved me. Took me 6 months to taper it then three months free and then due to l theanine supplement i had to reinstate. another 9 months of tapering and two years free but now regrettably due to stress and due to probably a supplement that had ashwangda and turmeric I had to reinstate due to the bad symptoms that I m experiencing.

You seems to be one of the guys here that have experienced at lest one reinstatement. (bad word in BB)

In my case is the second one and I'm really frustrated. I was able to get clonazepan and been trying to get stabilized. Never took antidepresants only try outs at the very beginning of my first taper.

Did you have good results with AD'S. ?

I'm planing not to take any. At least until get stable. The more stuff you add the more complicated it gets. So I know I have to fight only one devil!

So far the clonazepan has helped me but it seems to be harder than on the first reinstatement

I never was hundred percent since this odesy started. You probably know the feeling. We have to be extremely careful with all we take as you probably know.

I would like to hear your opinion. You seems to be quite experienceon this issue.

Hope you understand my writing. English is not my primary.

Thanks in advance for reading my message.

Mice

Micedana

I am not sure if your directing your question at me?

If so, many of us went off, and reinstated due to things like Cipro and other fluoroquinolones,  adverse reactions to Vitamins or other supplements, and reactions to Ad's and anti psychotics. Or, it was just too intense being off the drug. Or we had a medical or personal setback that threw us into distress.

Ad's made me insane, I reacted horribly to them.

I am on an antipsychotic called seroquel for sleep.

I don't like mixing psych drugs, as I am not sure how they interact, and which symptom is caused by what drug. I agree with you there. And, ads and anti psychotics have to be tapered off of just like benzos. I like your comment:

I'm planing not to take any. At least until get stable. The more stuff you add the more complicated it gets. So I know I have to fight only one devil!

Also, this is my second time on benzo's, and it is harder. The drug is less affective, and it is hard to taper. I was cold turkeyed the first time I was on xanax, so this is my first experience tapering.

I hope I answered your question?

If not , please write in some more.

Take Care,

Baddove

Wide

I completely agree with letting go of being perfect on dose. It simply isn't possible, and a few milligrams don't really matter. I want to validate that comment, and everything else you said. For some of us, rescue doses are part of the process. I take them rarely, usually when my symptoms are so severe, I know my CNS can not deal with itself without some benzo help. It does not matter in the long run as long as it is sporadic.

I apologize for not being supportive earlier, I was in a bad space. I so relate to your physical pain, that has been my experience.

I have had the acute all over achiness, more in my joints than muscles. No idea why that happens. It can be painful enough to keep me from sleeping.

i love your comment that perfectionism does us no good. It is simply another form of trying to control the future.  Like most anxiety, it's a projection of controlling the next dose, the next day, the next appointment and not being trashed. Control is an illusion. I have come to say "What is the worst that could happen?" A panic attack, well, I have a lot of those, I can fake through it. Passing out? Done that, no one shamed me, just took me to the ER and they kept me for several hours feeding hydration and nutrition via IV until I recovered from what was an acute attack of vertigo. Wet my pants, yup, now I carry extra shorts rolled up in a ball. Whatever I  fear will happen, has happened, and I got through all of it, and was even supported most of the time. I have fallen off my bike so many times from everything turning upside down, I have a nice collection of benzo scars. The final outcome would be death. If I die, I die, we all do eventually.

As to your depression, it is the drug. i know you know that, but the knowledge has no effect on the organic. We can not logic ourselves out of the biology of the brain, with it's lack of receptor uptake in regards to not only gaba, but dopamine and serotonin and many more. I don't have an answer for you, but I suspect you will find your way. If it gets too bad, please reach out for help. Don't allow a temporary manifestation of brain induced injury decide the course of your life.

It is the process, and what we learn that matters, in my opinion.  Somehow, I hope that works for you and the depression.

With Much respect

Baddove

Bad--I've missed you.

Wide

Thank You. I have missed you and others. I needed a break to get some bad attitudes under control, and evaluate my future with BB based on some nasty experiences. Sticking my toes in the water. Will be around.

Your friend,

Baddove

Hi Bad thanks for your response.

When you said you had two unsuccessful tapers, did you actually were off of the drug for a while and then started the taper again?

How much do you think cipro did damage you or you blame your issues more to the benzos?

Why don't you switch to a more long half life benzo to do the taper?

I did both of my tapers using a compound suspension where you can control the doses more accurately have you ever thought of that?

Mice

Hi Bad thanks for your response.

When you said you had two unsuccessful tapers, did you actually were off of the drug for a while and then started the taper again?

How much do you think cipro did damage you or you blame your issues more to the benzos?

I was on 3 consequtivew doses of different fluoroquinolones. It completely destabilized me, and The dosage I was at got increased. That remaines difficult to recover from the Flox damage. That was a medically induced destabilizing factor  to my taper, where I updosed and ahd to hold and start over.

The next fail was several attempts to switch me to  different benzos, and even liquid, again, I was completely destabilized and had to go back to the original xanax, but at a higher dose. Lesson learned from that was stay on the xanax to the end. That is how this will go to be effective.

I don't know if failed is really accurate, I think severly disrupted is better. The problem is, going through that twice makes tapering very difficult and highly symptomatic. My CNS was severely stressed, and more damaged than it already was by those experiencs.

Hence I am slow and low as I cut down.  Anyting else, and it's too intense.

Hope that gives you what you need1

Be well

Baddove

Why don't you switch to a more long half life benzo to do the taper?

I did both of my tapers using a compound suspension where you can control the doses more accurately have you ever thought of that?

Mice

Hi I am so sorry you are going through this - but you have not made a mess of things -- these meds have made a mess of us. 

hang in there --- you've got this!  I understand the mental symptoms being your primary issue, they are for me as well..

• 5 months later...

This group has been inactive for a time,  rather than start a new one, I thought I would just drop this information here. Those of you who posted in the post might see it, and perhaps we can resurrect this topic.

Here is the most current information on issues commonly experienced by those who have tapered more than once, and the issues that make this process so difficult, including interdose wd, paradoxical reactions and tolerance.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/interdose-withdrawal/

https://www.benzoinfo.com/paradoxical-reactions/

https://www.benzoinfo.com/tolerance/

The general guideline is to not exceed a 5% to 10% reduction of the current dose every four weeks.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/benzodiazepine-tapering-strategies/#tapering-strategies

Multiple tapers:

https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/

Hi all

I made a diazepam cut last Monday 1st August and I was doing great till Tuesday 9th August. It was a very small cut from 16mg to 15.75mg.

All my usual withdrawal symptoms have come rushing back in - no appetite, loss of sleep, no concentration, cant stop talking about myself, feelings of wanting to give up and not wanting to go outside. I cannot believe it as thought I was just doing a really small cut.

I also changed a progesterone patch.

Can you please advise?

a) how long is it normally till you feel a cut?

b) how do you talk yourself down from this high point of anxiety and doom?

Sorry and thank you MP

Date change- still needing help