Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thank you both. I feel really anxious and have lost my sleep I was having. Not sure if that is to do with loss of temezepan or just stress xx

Miss Piggy Sorry you are having a difficult time.  When I held longer during the crossover it was only because my daughter was visiting. I really didn’t need to because I was “somewhat” stable after the 3 week cross. I still felt crappy the whole time so I wud have tapered if not for that. Sometimes you just got to keep going.

Joeb

Thank you Joeb

What do you define as crappy? I am just trying to work out how far down the crappy level I am!

Thank you both. I feel really anxious and have lost my sleep I was having. Not sure if that is to do with loss of temezepan or just stress xx

How in the heck do I get past 5mg with this liquid?!?!? My Psych wants me to try 125mg depakote once at night for 2 weeks to try and drop a bit more than I am but i'm nervous because i'm so skinny. But i'm so desperate i'm about to try it. I can't find any advice on the daily micro taper so I feel stuck. I can't keep putting my body through this i'm 2 seconds from going to the psych ER Ugh. Should I ask her to do pills and liquid? I see my psych tomorrow.

Strong, the daily microtaper helped me so much. I couldn’t do 0.1mg drops with cut and hold, but 0.01mg per day I could tolerate.

It was a big game changer for me.

Thank you Joeb

What do you define as crappy? I am just trying to work out how far down the crappy level I am!

Hi MP Crappy meaning sedated medicated sick feeling with anxiety poking at me the whole time.

Joeb

Strong, the daily microtaper helped me so much. I couldn’t do 0.1mg drops with cut and hold, but 0.01mg per day I could tolerate.

It was a big game changer for me.

Did they vertigo stay the whole taper.? I have it now after about 3 months of crossing over. It’s horrible as well as the depression Valium causes.

Interesting widesky you have mentioned valium depression. I was already on some and added in another benzo to make it all valium. I am waiting on it lifting and feeling more stable.

It would be good if others could reassure us.

Take care MP

Tallgolfer

Can you please point me in the direction of your dry microtsper? I cant seem to see it online.

I tried to do 2 reductions earlier this year but cut and hold and struggled. I want to get back on it soon. Thank you

-I just want all of you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. 

---I have a question for the entire group.  I am currently on an am dose 4 mg,  afternoon 3 mg, and evening dose of 9.  I have sx but I'm functional enough to work from home, do things with the family, but I do need alone time and rest times.  I have good days and bad days. 

---My question is I'm tapering 6 % per month using a dry microtaper.  I am cutting out my afternoon dose first.    I am measuring my 3 mg using the scale, calibrating, and cutting. My afternoon dose is very precise because that is the one I'm tapering. 

Here is my question:  My average 2 mg pill weight is .159.    I've noticed I have pills that weigh .164 all the way down to .155.  For my morning and evening doses I just pop the pills.  Should I also be weighing pills in the am and evening to keep them around .159 OR does it all even out?  What do you all do?

Tallgolfer

Can you please point me in the direction of your dry microtsper? I cant seem to see it online.

I tried to do 2 reductions earlier this year but cut and hold and struggled. I want to get back on it soon. Thank you

---I have a question for the entire group.  I am currently on an am dose 4 mg,  afternoon 3 mg, and evening dose of 9.  I have sx but I'm functional enough to work from home, do things with the family, but I do need alone time and rest times.  I have good days and bad days. 

---My question is I'm tapering 6 % per month using a dry microtaper.  I am cutting out my afternoon dose first.    I am measuring my 3 mg using the scale, calibrating, and cutting. My afternoon dose is very precise because that is the one I'm tapering. 

Here is my question:  My average 2 mg pill weight is .159.    I've noticed I have pills that weigh .164 all the way down to .155.  For my morning and evening doses I just pop the pills.  Should I also be weighing pills in the am and evening to keep them around .159 OR does it all even out?  What do you all do?

This is the taper TallGolfer outlined in their signature, is this what you're looking for?

Alprazolam

Given by DR for 2 1/2 months during an illness

.5-1 mg every day

Quit CT beginning of June 2020

Almost died- lost 50 pounds

Reinstated- 20 MG of Diazapam (Held for 3 weeks)

Aug. 20- Cut to 19 MG

Sept- Cut to 18

Oct.-Cut to 17

End of Oct.-Cut to 16

Starting November 15- daily microtaper

Heading down to 13 mg (March 2021)

Headed down to 12 May (2021)

Headed down to 11 mg June (2021)

Headed down to 10 mg July 2021 (started water taper)

Headed down to 9 mg Sept 2021

Headed down to 8 mg Oct 2021

Headed down to 7 mg Nov. 2021

Headed down to 6 mg mid November 2021

Headed down to 5 mg January 2022

Headed down to 4 mg Jan. 22

3 mg in March

2.5 a April

2 mg May

1 mg June

Free

Thank you Pamster

Do you know of recommended scales for uk? When weighing diazepam do they have to go to 0.000

Thanks

Tallgolfer

This is the taper TallGolfer outlined in their signature, is this what you're looking for?

Alprazolam

.5-1 mg every day

Aug. 20- Cut to 19 MG

Sept- Cut to 18

Oct.-Cut to 17

End of Oct.-Cut to 16

3 mg in March

2.5 a April

2 mg May

1 mg June

Free

Thank you Pamster

Do you know of recommended scales for uk? When weighing diazepam do they have to go to 0.000

Thanks

Tallgolfer

Alprazolam

.5-1 mg every day

Aug. 20- Cut to 19 MG

Sept- Cut to 18

Oct.-Cut to 17

End of Oct.-Cut to 16

3 mg in March

2.5 a April

2 mg May

1 mg June

Free

The only thing I know about scales is that most of our members buy the ones that cost about 30.00 USD and seem to do just fine.  Its all a matter of confidence in your method, if you're the kind of person who believes good enough works then go with less expensive ones, if you're the kind of person who needs things more exact then go for the expensive. 

Withdrawal and recovery is a difficult process for most of us here, so spending thousands on a scale that most likely won't ease the pain of this process seems overkill to me but then again, I'm the kind of person who is satisfied with good enough.  ;)

Thank you 🙂

Thank you Pamster

Thanks

Tallgolfer

Alprazolam

.5-1 mg every day

Aug. 20- Cut to 19 MG

Sept- Cut to 18

Oct.-Cut to 17

End of Oct.-Cut to 16

3 mg in March

2.5 a April

2 mg May

1 mg June

Free

The only thing I know about scales is that most of our members buy the ones that cost about 30.00 USD and seem to do just fine.  Its all a matter of confidence in your method, if you're the kind of person who believes good enough works then go with less expensive ones, if you're the kind of person who needs things more exact then go for the expensive. 

Withdrawal and recovery is a difficult process for most of us here, so spending thousands on a scale that most likely won't ease the pain of this process seems overkill to me but then again, I'm the kind of person who is satisfied with good enough.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Bubba 13 here, new today, I've been looking at many methods of tapering on the internet but one question I haven't seen talked about is combinding a morning dose and an evening dose of valium to be taken as one dose sometime during the day. I started cutting back on my morning dose which was 7mg but I have not reduced my evening dose which is also 7mg. Right now I'm at 3.5mg AM and 7PM. I've been on valium for about 11 years and was put on that to get off of ativan. That worked fine but of course now I'm stuck with the valium. I've been cutting back .5mg each 4 weeks which is slow but the tolerance is ok at that level. In 1980 I went C/T from Serax, the Dr. was giving me 30mg caps but that would put a horse to sleep so I'd open the capsule and pour out about half the powder so needless to say C/T was 2 years of hell  but I made it through that. I've had lots of anxiety from the VietNam war that started me on all this. Anyway has anyone tried combinding two doses into one?

Bubba 13 here, new today, I've been looking at many methods of tapering on the internet but one question I haven't seen talked about is combinding a morning dose and an evening dose of valium to be taken as one dose sometime during the day. I started cutting back on my morning dose which was 7mg but I have not reduced my evening dose which is also 7mg. Right now I'm at 3.5mg AM and 7PM. I've been on valium for about 11 years and was put on that to get off of ativan. That worked fine but of course now I'm stuck with the valium. I've been cutting back .5mg each 4 weeks which is slow but the tolerance is ok at that level. In 1980 I went C/T from Serax, the Dr. was giving me 30mg caps but that would put a horse to sleep so I'd open the capsule and pour out about half the powder so needless to say C/T was 2 years of hell  but I made it through that. I've had lots of anxiety from the VietNam war that started me on all this. Anyway has anyone tried combinding two doses into one?

You're making great progress on your taper, and how you choose to do it is totally up to you.  What we've found is there are no hard fast rules that work for all of us, doctors seem to think they can group us all into a schedule but what works for one won't work for another so finding what works for you is key. 

Is there a reason you want to combine the two doses?  I've found most members will alternate their dose reductions, one time they'll take a little off the morning, the next the evening or whatever their current schedule is, its all about your lifestyle and daily needs.  If sleep is an issue, you can leave that dose heavy, if morning anxiety is intense then you can leave that one heavy for a time but eventually, they all have to go.

Anyone find the manufacture liquid form of Valium 5mg/5ml solution (the orange solution) to be less effective? 

Also, what exactly does the 5mg/5ml solution actually mean?  I am really bad with math!  This just means for example 2mg of liquid is equal to 2mg in the pill form? 

So sorry to ask this question, but I just want to make sure.

Anyone find the manufacture liquid form of Valium 5mg/5ml solution (the orange solution) to be less effective? 

Also, what exactly does the 5mg/5ml solution actually mean?  I am really bad with math!  This just means for example 2mg of liquid is equal to 2mg in the pill form? 

So sorry to ask this question, but I just want to make sure.

Hey Cooper

It’s directly proportional but liquid is not in mg it’s ml

2mg pill equals 2 ml liquid

It’s easier to look at it as a 1 to 1

1ml of liquid equals 1 mg pill

So when you draw up liquid in a 1ml syringe completely full it’s equal to 1mg pill form

Hope this makes sense

Joeb

Thanks Joeb, I meant to say ML- but you know the struggle of Benzo brain!  Thanks for clarifying- I thought this was the case, but I just wanted to double and triple check as I don't trust my brain these days!

Thanks again!!

Thanks Joeb, I meant to say ML- but you know the struggle of Benzo brain!  Thanks for clarifying- I thought this was the case, but I just wanted to double and triple check as I don't trust my brain these days!

Thanks again!!

Your welcome, I forgot to answer your other question

I tried that exact pharma liquid and it made me nauseas so I tried it only for a week. Many buddies I have read say it tends to be weaker and some have updosed a slight bit and it seemed to work for them OR they tough it out longer to get used to it like 2-3 weeks. I just couldn’t deal with the nausea

It’s awesome if you can adjust to it

Hope this helps

Joeb

• 2 weeks later...

hi folks emergency and quick question;  if you tried to go on v and couldn't tolerate it, how quickly do you went back to your starting benzo? I’m at 7.5m dia (only dia for over a month now before that I crossed over from 1mg ati to 8mg dia within 2 weeks) and have been throwing up unbearable conditions with tremor- seizures panic shaking etc. Only surviving. Considering going back to Ati so I can get by somehow and then very, very slowly withdrawing. thanks. So just asking HOW and how quickly do you went back to your initial Benzo? Or can you help me with withdrawing Dia?

Of course, I can also tell you a bit about my background:

I've been on benzos ati for 5 years on and off with several too fast withdrawals and kindlings in clinics because i trusted doctors etc but somehow could still endure it even it was hell.  now in march to april i was on antibiotics and had a bad setback and didn't know what else to do and started taking ati again daily (i hadn't understood for 5 years that ati was probably one of my main problems and kept wrecking my cns).  only now found all the info on the internet at benzo buddies and benzoinfo. So, from April 30th again daily ati 0.5-1.5 (I know already fatal) and then after 2 weeks at some point in May I wanted to stop and that didn't work.  I went crazy like never before in my past wd with 7 days of no sleep, hospital, fear of death and non-stop panic.  I then increased back to 0.25 ati 4 times a day.  then I thought it would be easier to wean off with v.  I went from 1mg ati to 8mg dia in 2 weeks and that went well at first.  so when crossing everything was fine.  now since i've been on dia for over a month and already gone down to 6.5mg things have gotten worse again but so dramatically i can't sleep vomit panic shake fear of death seizures.  Bed bound completely destroyed.  In the meantime I've also tried to be more stable on 7mg dia for 2 weeks and it didnt work.  I have the feeling I can't tolerate the dia …with the Tavor it wasn't good either (no withdrawal from any benzo is easy) but with the dia only now it's no longer bearable for a second. Im getting somehow worse physically. so please: if someone has done something similar and is back please please write me a plan or at what speed you went back to ati xan or whatever.  I appreciate any reply from experienced members

No one here to help me ? :(

This place has been quieter than usual. And I haven't switched, and gone back, so I'm not experienced with that. If I understood your post correctly, you crossed from 1 mg Ativan to 7 mg Valium in two weeks. You didn't follow Ashton's crossover guidelines, you went to fast. You also should have crossed over to 10 mg, waited until you are stable, and then start your taper. Since you already went through some withdrawal, you might be able to get stable on 8 mg rather than 10 mg of Valium. You need to hold and wait for your body to build up the Valium, this takes time because it is a long-acting benzo, not a fast-acting one. The advantage of switching to V is to avoid interdose w/d you get with short-acting ones like Ativan. Your symptoms tell me you are not stable, and not ready to cut and taper. Stable doesn't mean symptom-free, it means functional with tolerable symptoms. It's minimizing the suffering to where you can care for yourself. 

There are people on this forum better at this than me. I was one of those lucky few that was able to cross-over from Klonopin to Valium, and did it a little faster because I had more clarity on Valium. I'm an exception, there are people who had a hard time switching. A few switched back, and tapered directly off their original benzo. There are people who know how to do that, I do not. I wish I could give you the answers you seek, you could try posting on the main board, where you might get more responses. Here on the Valium board, it's more for people who are tapering off of Valium that they had already successfully crossed over to, or were originally prescribed.

Some people don't tolerate Valium, Librium is an alternative, your pharmacist might have to order it for you. Some members have had success using Librium instead. I don't know if I was of much help. Sorry.

Thank you, I’m desperately trying to stabilize on 7,5 but doesn’t work. I’m losing it… no sleep for weeks heart pounding, panic, only arousal and excited nerves, all symptoms on the list… I need help but can’t find it. It’s hard for me to get in touch here with people I created some new topics on substitution board but no one answers.

This place has been quieter than usual. And I haven't switched, and gone back, so I'm not experienced with that. If I understood your post correctly, you crossed from 1 mg Ativan to 7 mg Valium in two weeks. You didn't follow Ashton's crossover guidelines, you went to fast. You also should have crossed over to 10 mg, waited until you are stable, and then start your taper. Since you already went through some withdrawal, you might be able to get stable on 8 mg rather than 10 mg of Valium. You need to hold and wait for your body to build up the Valium, this takes time because it is a long-acting benzo, not a fast-acting one. The advantage of switching to V is to avoid interdose w/d you get with short-acting ones like Ativan. Your symptoms tell me you are not stable, and not ready to cut and taper. Stable doesn't mean symptom-free, it means functional with tolerable symptoms. It's minimizing the suffering to where you can care for yourself. 

There are people on this forum better at this than me. I was one of those lucky few that was able to cross-over from Klonopin to Valium, and did it a little faster because I had more clarity on Valium. I'm an exception, there are people who had a hard time switching. A few switched back, and tapered directly off their original benzo. There are people who know how to do that, I do not. I wish I could give you the answers you seek, you could try posting on the main board, where you might get more responses. Here on the Valium board, it's more for people who are tapering off of Valium that they had already successfully crossed over to, or were originally prescribed.

Some people don't tolerate Valium, Librium is an alternative, your pharmacist might have to order it for you. Some members have had success using Librium instead. I don't know if I was of much help. Sorry.

Edit: Fixed quote

Thank you, I’m desperately trying to stabilize on 7,5 but doesn’t work. I’m losing it… no sleep for weeks heart pounding, panic, only arousal and excited nerves, all symptoms on the list… I need help but can’t find it. It’s hard for me to get in touch here with people I created some new topics on substitution board but no one answers.

Best I can suggest is that you hang in there, and give time for the Valium to work. It will kick in, and your symptoms should gradually wane. I know that when I cut my dose, my symptoms start peaking about halfway through. And then they go down. You might be at your peak now, definitely don't start cutting until symptoms are manageable. Sometimes I get answers by searching for old posts, the same questions get repeated. I know of people who switched to Valium, and ended up going back to Ativan or Xanax that they were originally on. I know it can be done. And you can taper off of them, but it's much easier using Valium or Librium. There are some tapering off of Librium, it is similar to Valium. Hopefully somebody responds to your posts elsewhere. Who is prescribing your benzo's? Have you discussed this with that medical provider?

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I begin my Ashton c/o from Temaz to Valium.  When its done, Ill taper the Xanax although I dont see how that will fit into my MD's plan.  Im hoping to turtle taper bc of my age.  I have a question though.  Should I stager the T and V to spread it out and use the low dose Xanax prn for anxiety?  I can't cut both at the same time.  If I do stagger it, would it be better to take the Temaz before the Valium so that I can sleep at night?  Insomnia has been my biggest habituation withdrawal symptom along with loud tinnitus and its been wearing me down since Oct 2021.  Should I expect to be drowsy from the Valium?  I have turned down offers of Gabapentin, Remeron and Trazedone so Im going to give this a try even though I am apprehensive about change.  Any advice helpful.  Thanks.

Peace to alll.

Are you taking both Xanax and Valium? I c/o from k to Valium. Took both for a little bit and then dropped the k under the care of a Dr.I do know the Valium made me very sleepy at first but I was taking 30 mgV. Maybe someone else will chime in and help with your other question.

God Bless!🙏🏻