CT 2.5mg valium after 35 days

[...]

Hi everyone,

I was taking valium off and on for 35 days. The amount each day would vary but it averaged about 2.5mg per day. I CT'd 6 days ago because I was getting paradoxical effects. The valium was making me very depressed. I'm having intense blowback anxiety and all kinds of other sx. Looking for some encouragement not sure what to do. Feel trapped. Thanks.

Hi mrn, it looks like you have some history with benzo's, can you use that to gauge how this is going to go for you?  I'm sorry you're facing this, I can't imagine facing this nightmare again but know life throws challenges our way.

Thanks for the reply. You're right, this is not my first rodeo. The last time I went through this was 2016 and honestly I think I suppressed a lot of it. It's incredible that we go back to the things that hurt us so much  :(

I think I'm mainly concerned with the idea of kindling and that each time is going to be worse. I can say that its 5pm now and this morning I was this close to reinstating but at this point I'm glad I didn't.

I hope you can push through this without reinstating because I feel your concerns about kindling are valid and regardless of the method you choose, it could be rough no matter what you do. 

I understand what you mean about going back to things, we all do it, how many times have we sworn off a particular behavior only to find ourselves drawn back in? 

Stay strong, you can do this and hopefully excise it permanently from your life.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I was taking valium off and on for 35 days. The amount each day would vary but it averaged about 2.5mg per day. I CT'd 6 days ago because I was getting paradoxical effects. The valium was making me very depressed. I'm having intense blowback anxiety and all kinds of other sx. Looking for some encouragement not sure what to do. Feel trapped. Thanks.

Hi, just wondering how you are doing.

• 1 month later...
@Leam, thanks for checking. Sorry for then late reply. You can check out my updated sig. I’ve been stable on 20mg of Paxil for several weeks. I’m in the process now of very slowly tapering off 1mg klonopin.