Would you say I am on a rapid taper ?

[Qu...]

If you look at my tapering steps as shown in my signature would you say I am doing a rapid taper ?

I feel bad when I read posts from others mentioning the anguish they are experiencing. My taper has only been for a couple months now. I have had some "rather uncomfortable" moments (mostly early on), but they only lasted maybe a couple / few hours. The most prominent symptoms i have had are an increased level of tinnitus as I near the time for my next dose and a sunburn-like sensation that I feel from time to time.

Tonight will be my 10th 0.1mg dose of Rivotril. Today I have been close to symptom free. I even slept well last night. I plan on staying at 0.1mg for another 5 days (for consistency ?).

I'm trying to decide what to do next. I could a) jump b) drop down to .0.05mg - but I worry about the accuracy of the (liquid) dose c) try to extend the time between doses of 0.10mg from the current 24 hrs to ?? kind of inviting whatever symptoms I might experience. Is it good to experience symptoms if you can handle them ?

I'm not in any particular rush. I anticipate the next 6 weeks of my life will have a few stressful moments (selling my house, moving etc).

What do you think? Thanks.

If you look at my tapering steps as shown in my signature would you say I am doing a rapid taper ?

I feel bad when I read posts from others mentioning the anguish they are experiencing. My taper has only been for a couple months now. I have had some "rather uncomfortable" moments (mostly early on), but they only lasted maybe a couple / few hours. The most prominent symptoms i have had are an increased level of tinnitus as I near the time for my next dose and a sunburn-like sensation that I feel from time to time.

Tonight will be my 10th 0.1mg dose of Rivotril. Today I have been close to symptom free. I even slept well last night. I plan on staying at 0.1mg for another 5 days (for consistency ?).

I'm trying to decide what to do next. I could a) jump b) drop down to .0.05mg - but I worry about the accuracy of the (liquid) dose c) try to extend the time between doses of 0.10mg from the current 24 hrs to ?? kind of inviting whatever symptoms I might experience. Is it good to experience symptoms if you can handle them ?

I'm not in any particular rush. I anticipate the next 6 weeks of my life will have a few stressful moments (selling my house, moving etc).

What do you think? Thanks.

I would say, yes, you're doing a rapid taper.  Going step by step, you are reducing by 50%, which is high, BUT you are holding for 15 days and being guided, I think, by your symptoms, which have been manageable.

Taking another step or two would be ideal; however, I understand the complexity of doing that with drops.  The Ashton manual recommends a jumping of point of .025 mg for clonazepam.  So I'd consider whether or not you could dilute your drops with any reasonable degree of accuracy.  Weigh that against jumping from .1 mg, which is a pretty big step.

Thank you for the reply Rocknroll. Looking back at my journal I really have been rather stable for the last 5 days at 0.1mg (1 drop). I take my doses at 9PM every night. My worst hours (and we are talking mild) are between 1AM and 5AM (when I am up and busy). I can't understand it. At 8:59PM I am perfect. Maybe I have some underlying medical issue which has nothing to do with tapering. I don't know (and I almost don't want to know). I am an old man.

I have purchased a small set of beakers from Amazon which hopefully will arrive in 5 days or so. I figured maybe a small beaker might be a little more accurate than something out of my kitchen. I was thinking I would try 0.05mg and then 0.025mg each, for a week or so, and then stop. The math for those steps is pretty easy.

I sure do wish I understood what was going on in the middle of the night - but it hasn't been getting worse over time. And the disruption in my sleep is not affecting me later on in the day.