Can you tell me your story please? CT people.

[Fo...]

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of pain? Pain is pretty vague of a statement... Where is this pain? Can you describe it? Is it dull, sharp, itchy, burning like a sunburn, fiber glass type pain, achey... Stuff like that. Where in the body are you feeling it? And what is it doing when it shows up? Example does it show up fast and hit you hard or does it have a build up? Does it branch out to other areas of the body or stay in one location? Does anything help it like Tylenol (Stay below 3,000mg although the recommendations is 4,000...ive heard they wanted to lower it to 2,000mg daily but for safe measures stick to 3,000mg)or Advil (Because with NSAID meds only take when needed)... Or maybe hot and cold therapy? Showers? And how long does it stay for? Is it a all day thing or a few hours?

Does anything trigger it? For me I'm triggered mostly by foods.

My background:

I've been on Ativan for 8 years now however I become benzo wise in my 7th year.

I was put on Ativan 1mg for sleep related issues as needed which I now know is far worse because as needed opens you up to kindling.

At the time I was prescribed I was going under chemo for cancer which impacted twice in my life, I was having issues sleeping so they gave me Ativan.

I was also given Percocet to help with the pain of cancer (I won't say which type of cancer I don't want to trigger anyone). I beat it, I was then through into a car accident on my way home from my last chemo appointment or session (I wasn't driving). Lost a good friend that night. My doctor told me that I should stay on the benzo because it was safe.

I went the first year without issues, the second issue I started having small symptoms pop up but no one could identify anything was wrong.

I was only given 15 tablets, when then was reduced to 10.i was too. Scared of being labeled a pill seek or drug seeker so I never asked for a higher dosage increase.

As the years went on my symptoms grew and grew I'm guessing due to kindling.

In 2019 symptoms became so bad that I reached out for answers outside of the medical community because I trusted them.

At the end of 2020 I found out that it was my benzos or I'm hoping it is... I'm kinda in that "Is this benzos or not" stage.

I went Cold turkey after a failed taper due to paradoxical effects, I was having horrific out of body symptoms everytime I took a dose. So I went Cold turkey.

Had some nasty symptoms sure but everything was tolerable until 6 months ago when I swear I went back into acute again.

Now everyday is a cycle of symptoms and food seems to drives that.

Symptoms:

-Visual issues, seeing yellow spots, flickering vision, visual snow, ground moving, hallways stretch, dim vision and seeing flashing lights when my eyes are closed

-Burning skin, organs along with itching in my intestines (Gone for now) my lips also burn that was one of my first symptoms. It's gone

- perceptional issues, feeling like I'm sinking in my bed or my own mind, feeling like my left arm is drooping

- Weakness I couldn't explain if I wanted to. Sometimes it's the full body but other times it's mostly my left arm and left... Always the bicept/Tricep area. With my leg it's the the muscle group above the knee I forget what that area is called. My hands also go weak. It's always my left side. I've had a brain scan down for stroke and tumors

- right side rib pain and burning: I've had my ALT levels checked for liver disease, I fall slightly outside of normal like 2 points outside of it so my doc says it's fatty liver. Waiting for a imaging test currently

- Insane head pressures, makes me feel like I'm having stroke but I'm not, with brain sensations I can't explain. This is also triggered by food it seems

- Brain fog, my sharpness just doesn't exists anymore. I'll have breif moments where I can think but mostly I'm in this fog.

- Derealization-I think it is, I have these moments where I feel like I'm splitting from reality but it feels like from my brain it's very freaky when it happens

Hey I actually have a whole list of like 100+ that I've felt throughout this process that I don't know if it'll fit, I'm only writing to you about the ones I currently face. But if you'd like I can PM you the list. Alot of them are sensations and feelings I didn't have a title. Or medical label for them if that's alright with you

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of pain? Pain is pretty vague of a statement... Where is this pain? Can you describe it? Is it dull, sharp, itchy, burning like a sunburn, fiber glass type pain, achey... Stuff like that. Where in the body are you feeling it? And what is it doing when it shows up? Example does it show up fast and hit you hard or does it have a build up? Does it branch out to other areas of the body or stay in one location? Does anything help it like Tylenol (Stay below 3,000mg although the recommendations is 4,000...ive heard they wanted to lower it to 2,000mg daily but for safe measures stick to 3,000mg)or Advil (Because with NSAID meds only take when needed)... Or maybe hot and cold therapy? Showers? And how long does it stay for? Is it a all day thing or a few hours?

Does anything trigger it? For me I'm triggered mostly by foods.

My background:

I've been on Ativan for 8 years now however I become benzo wise in my 7th year.

I was put on Ativan 1mg for sleep related issues as needed which I now know is far worse because as needed opens you up to kindling.

At the time I was prescribed I was going under chemo for cancer which impacted twice in my life, I was having issues sleeping so they gave me Ativan.

I was also given Percocet to help with the pain of cancer (I won't say which type of cancer I don't want to trigger anyone). I beat it, I was then through into a car accident on my way home from my last chemo appointment or session (I wasn't driving). Lost a good friend that night. My doctor told me that I should stay on the benzo because it was safe.

I went the first year without issues, the second issue I started having small symptoms pop up but no one could identify anything was wrong.

I was only given 15 tablets, when then was reduced to 10.i was too. Scared of being labeled a pill seek or drug seeker so I never asked for a higher dosage increase.

As the years went on my symptoms grew and grew I'm guessing due to kindling.

In 2019 symptoms became so bad that I reached out for answers outside of the medical community because I trusted them.

At the end of 2020 I found out that it was my benzos or I'm hoping it is... I'm kinda in that "Is this benzos or not" stage.

I went Cold turkey after a failed taper due to paradoxical effects, I was having horrific out of body symptoms everytime I took a dose. So I went Cold turkey.

Had some nasty symptoms sure but everything was tolerable until 6 months ago when I swear I went back into acute again.

Now everyday is a cycle of symptoms and food seems to drives that.

Symptoms:

-Visual issues, seeing yellow spots, flickering vision, visual snow, ground moving, hallways stretch, dim vision and seeing flashing lights when my eyes are closed

-Burning skin, organs along with itching in my intestines (Gone for now) my lips also burn that was one of my first symptoms. It's gone

- perceptional issues, feeling like I'm sinking in my bed or my own mind, feeling like my left arm is drooping

- Weakness I couldn't explain if I wanted to. Sometimes it's the full body but other times it's mostly my left arm and left... Always the bicept/Tricep area. With my leg it's the the muscle group above the knee I forget what that area is called. My hands also go weak. It's always my left side. I've had a brain scan down for stroke and tumors

- right side rib pain and burning: I've had my ALT levels checked for liver disease, I fall slightly outside of normal like 2 points outside of it so my doc says it's fatty liver. Waiting for a imaging test currently

- Insane head pressures, makes me feel like I'm having stroke but I'm not, with brain sensations I can't explain. This is also triggered by food it seems

- Brain fog, my sharpness just doesn't exists anymore. I'll have breif moments where I can think but mostly I'm in this fog.

- Derealization-I think it is, I have these moments where I feel like I'm splitting from reality but it feels like from my brain it's very freaky when it happens

Hey I actually have a whole list of like 100+ that I've felt throughout this process that I don't know if it'll fit, I'm only writing to you about the ones I currently face. But if you'd like I can PM you the list. Alot of them are sensations and feelings I didn't have a title. Or medical label for them if that's alright with you

I did message you. I understand. 

Thanks pamster, for your reply