DPDR - Please all give me your experience.

[co...]

I went into a forced CT around 4 months ago now.

I'd like to hear from people who have experience DPDR.

- How long did it last for you?

- Was it 24/7?

- Did It slowly fade or disappear one day completely? 

The DPDR hit me severely around 2 days into my withdrawal, I was put in a jail cell and left to die. I had no way out and I truely thought I would die in that jail from this withdrawal, it was sickening. I made it out to a residential rehab program and am struggling severely.

My DPDR went from severe depersonalisation/derealisation to mainly just severe and fluctuating derealisation now it is 24/7. I can't live like this, it's ruining me.

Symptoms

- Severe DPDR

- Tinnitus

- Vertigo

- Light Sensitivity

- Anhedonia

- Lethargy

- Panic Attacks

- Fear

- Health Anxiety

- Stomach Issues

- Dizziness

- POTS

- Palpitations

I'm at 18 months and still have it. It's much better than it was, just gradually faded away, but I still feel like I've taken LCD which is wearing off.

I'm coming on 22 months off and i can say the same. It's gotten a lot better. Mornings and nights are my grace periods where it diminishes and i feel about 70% healed. This takes time but it's not permanent even though it feels that way.

• 1 month later...
Mine lasted a long time 7 months maybe more maybe more like 9.  Its terrifying and I feel so bad for you.  Then having to go day to day where no one even notices it yet u don't even feel in reality. I don't have it anymore thank the Lord.  And you won't either it will go away.  You press on and don't focus on it all day and go down the rabbit hole.  Mine was like I was lie literally living inside of myself almost as a different person just kinda viewing from afar what I myself was doing.  Message me if u want to talk about it more.

Mine was only a few bouts of it the first week of CT, but only when I looked in a mirror. When I would see myself, I didn't look real, and felt like a stranger looking back at me. Then I had a couple of episodes in month 2, but only when I was out in public,  like everything looked incredibly fake and plastic.

I never had it again after that.

I'm not sure why some people get it sooooo bad and it lasts longer for some?!!

Then others have other things that are sooooo bad and last so long

It's all SUCKY!! All of it!!!! I'm sooo sorry!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I am a very short user (2-3 weeks), my primary symptom after CT was do, very strong..I was wondering how I even talk..it added away gradually in about 4-5 weeks.

Yeah I didn't know how I was interacting with anything. It's like I couldn't. I could talk but it didn't feel like I was doing it. I was stuck in some sort of horrible limbo. How are you hanging in there?

I do much much better, I would say it's gone. Only when I am stressed I can feel like it's coming back but it's not that strong it was fthe first 3 weeks, you can't even compare

Hope you are doing well now

I think I’m 14 months off now, I still have it unfortunately but my only symptoms are derealisation, light sensitivty, minor Pulsatile tinnitus.

I’ve come very far but what a bad journey it’s been. Sitting at 65% recovered now.