When is it safe to taper?

[Fo...]

Hi everyone. Again, thanks for all your support! I’m 3 weeks direct switch from Klonopin.5mg to Ativan.75mg.  I stuck with the Ativan, though it’s not been easy.  It makes me agitated and angry. I believe I’m tolerant to it, though it does help me sleep. I have interdose withdrawals as well. Anyways, when can I start my taper, so it’s not dangerous, like I’m dealing with K withdrawal and Ativan at same time? Don’t want that.  It is making me miserable, though. I tried cutting a bit off the afternoon dose and today have been depressed. Ride it out, or go back up?  Thank you!

FMF

Hi For my family

How do you feel,  If you don't feel ready hold a little longer see if you stabilise.  I know you must be fed up and want off and you will get there eventually, but don't rush it now..its worth doing slow and careful. 

Stay positive,  Its going to get better.

Magrita :smitten:

I used how I was functioning as a guide to tapering more than I used how I felt.  My reasoning for this was that during withdrawl I accepted that I wasn't going to feel great but if I was still able to still function in my day-to-day life, i.e. keep up with my responsibilities, then I was okay enough to continue tapering.