PSA:Check your Gemini-20 batteries when it isn't weighing at its usual accuracy

[Th...]

PSA: If you have the Gemini-20 Scale, make sure to monitor your batteries and swap them out as needed. 

I noticed mine wasn't as accurate today and three days ago, I had to constantly calibrate it to get accurate weighing of my pills.  I wondered if it could be the batteries because I had just put in 2 new Duracell AAA Batteries in there a month ago.  I switched them out with a new pair of batteries and it was back to its accurate self.  I'm not sure if the batteries I put in there were running out of juice, or if the scale uses a lot of energy to get weigh such small weights, but in case anyone else notices something similar, try swapping out the batteries.

Yes, a good recommendation.  I notice that the back light becomes a little dimmer when this inaccuracy occurs on the GEM20.  I keep a backup scale which says "LO BATTERY" on it.  I wish the GEM20 would do that.

Yes, a good recommendation.  I notice that the back light becomes a little dimmer when this inaccuracy occurs on the GEM20.  I keep a backup scale which says "LO BATTERY" on it.  I wish the GEM20 would do that.

Thank you for this feedback. I will now look at the backlight to see if that happens when I begin seeing the accuracy issue.