Always so tired

[De...]

Thankfully I am still sleeping during this taper. I know I’m still have a long way to go but I am always so tired. Like so tired. Is this a normal symptom? I’m hoping my brain requires the sleep to heal.

Please no negative responses. I can’t take them.

Thankfully I am still sleeping during this taper. I know I’m still have a long way to go but I am always so tired. Like so tired. Is this a normal symptom? I’m hoping my brain requires the sleep to heal.

Please no negative responses. I can’t take them.

Hi -

Yes…I am always tired.  It is something I absolutely HATE!  I feel robbed sometimes.  I sleep about 4-6hours a night (broken) and I often take a nap too, but I don’t have the energy I use to have.  I was so energetic before all this started.  So you aren’t alone.

Marie

Yes. Since tapering I have noticed that I FEEL more tired. While I was on 100% of the dose I was taking I guess I was more numb to being tired, if that makes sense? But now, I am more aware of it. What I find helpful is just drinking a significant amount of water and getting exercise (lifting weights, running, whatever you like). But yes, you are not alone as I believe this is part of the process.

Yes, fatigue is my worst symptom. It has been since the very beginning of my taper. I’m close to being finished so it’s getting better but I still can’t exercise. I haven’t been able to exercise since this all started. As a matter of fact that’s how I knew something was wrong in the beginning. I was in the gym and was unable to finish my routine. This happened a couple of times and then the nightmare began. Yes it’s the benzo.

Go for a run somewhere away from people, bring a jump rope, do bodyweight. There are lots of alternatives.

Unfortunately it's tough to convince ourselves that something new will be good for us  :-[ ... but it will! Getting exercise does something (heard someone talking about this with Lewis Howes) where it inspires hope. Think of it as a way to help your body in the healing process, even though it might be challenging to do. It doesn't have to be in the gym.  :)

Yes, fatigue is my worst symptom. It has been since the very beginning of my taper. I’m close to being finished so it’s getting better but I still can’t exercise. I haven’t been able to exercise since this all started. As a matter of fact that’s how I knew something was wrong in the beginning. I was in the gym and was unable to finish my routine. This happened a couple of times and then the nightmare began. Yes it’s the benzo.