Not sleeping while tapering off klonopin

[Ze...]

After being on klonopin for almost 30 years, my tapering is now down to .75mg/ night.  My sleep is terrible!  So I have been taking 2-300mg gabapentin & it really helps, but now afraid of getting dependent on it.  I’ve also tried 10mg of Doxipin which works, but here again am afraid.  It’s just really getting hard not sleeping, but am determined to get off klonopin.  I am reducing klonopin by 5% every two weeks. My tolerance of klonopin is so high, it doesn’t seem to help w/ sleep at all.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks…

Since I started my taper 2 years ago my sleep has been dismal. If I'm lucky I'll get 3hrs a night. I finished tapering 3 months ago and it's still persisting. I don't want to discourage you, just want you to know you're not alone. I have tried natural options but not sure it's helping.

I haven't been able to sleep at all for 8 months basically. Had 2 months of being hyper and not sleeping before these awful benzos but was still more relaxed and sleeping more than now, then 12 nights of "sleep" on the benzo and now 6 months of very light rest since lowering. I gave up on trying to find solutions to sleep.

I take Tylenol or Motrin PM and it helps a lot. I hope it gets better for you since I've developed a sleeping fear since tapering, and wish I could sleep without the Benadryl. It is much better however than before when I was taking more and reducing and waking at three in the morning regularly. I hope it stays this way because the sleeplessness is worse than the anxiety, which is ruthless, but sleeplessness fuels the stress that leads to the anxiety. Hope you sleep better. Also, I have taken Phenergan for sleep and that is very very helpful.