Milk titration and temperature,

[ch...]

This may seem an odd question but I have been wondering if temperature matters when using full fat milk to make a mix.

I am concerned as I have been making my titration liquid at night, giving the Valium time to absorb into the milk.

Being milk I then leave it in the fridge over night. In the morning I give it a good mix paddle motion before taking out the dose needed.

However I am wondering with it be kept so cold, might this prevent the Valium being absorbed by the fat in the milk and therefore it would not be a solution, but a suspension, and would be no better than water?

I wonder does anyone know ?

I know that most meds stored at room temperate except a specific few.  and wondered was this because too hot or cold might separate the active ingredient,

Odd question  I know but wondered if anyone knows the answer.

Jen

This may seem an odd question but I have been wondering if temperature matters when using full fat milk to make a mix.

I am concerned as I have been making my titration liquid at night, giving the Valium time to absorb into the milk.

Being milk I then leave it in the fridge over night. In the morning I give it a good mix paddle motion before taking out the dose needed.

However I am wondering with it be kept so cold, might this prevent the Valium being absorbed by the fat in the milk and therefore it would not be a solution, but a suspension, and would be no better than water?

I wonder does anyone know ?

I know that most meds stored at room temperate except a specific few.  and wondered was this because too hot or cold might separate the active ingredient,

Odd question  I know but wondered if anyone knows the answer.

Jen

If your dissolving it first, then storing in the fridge, there will be no problem.  Milk is so lipid-rich that there is no way that it won't support your solution.

Thank you so much for replying.

What I do is dissolve the 1mg V in a tiny drop of water, then slowly stir in the milk , and stir for a minute or two.

I then put it in the fridge over night , and the next morning I stir it again for a couple of minute with a paddle motion, then I take out what is needed, 

I am just worried that it would be too cold for the active Valium to dissolve, 

Today I let it sit out for half an hour first, but you think it will be ok?

thank you

Jen