Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Ha Zzers,

The wedding of my aunt went well. It was nice to meet the people of my family. It was outside a kind of villa/restaurant at an open place in a forrest. The weather was great and it was al very well organized. Even though there were between 60-80 people, it was very intimate. The only time it was a bit tough for me, was when a singer and guitar player gave a short performance on a balcony while the guests were standing underneath it. This triggered my height anxiety a bit. At the end we had a nice meal in Italian style; everyone sat at two very long table’s. I sat next to my father and close to two nice nephews with their wives. It was from 3 O’ clock till 21:30. That was do-able for me. Now I am going to focus again on my taper. Next step soon…

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Jerry

Lightspacer, are you still taking the zop? If so how much?

Ha Sleepyjo,

I take very little,  I guess 0,8 mg…

Morning to Team Z!

Jerry it’s good to read that you had such a good report on the wedding. I’m very proud of you for being brave and pushing through to enjoy your family. May you have more happy moments with them as you heal. Best wishes on your next reduction.

Happy Sunday to all. May you enjoy today. Love and hugs ❤️🤗

I miss all the Team Zers that used to post here often. I hope they’re still recovering well. Also their absent because they’re out enjoying life. I wish them my best.

Lightspacer,

I'm really glad to hear the wedding went well. It sounded really lovely and you were surrounded by loved ones. Good for you!  You're doing great.

Helen

Do you take it every night and do you think it still helps with sleep?

Yes, I take it every night. I don t think it helps with my sleep. I am doing my taper slowly because I used it a very long time. But as I said earlier, I am close to the finish.

Hi again, there can't be much left of it, do you know when you are going to jump?

No not exactly, I think between now and two months…  :)

Most people feel those symptoms in the morning. We call it morning dread. It can be anxiety with or without other symptoms. In the morning the body gets a surge of hormones and chemicals to get it going for the day. Because of our sensitive CNS, that flood of hormones can make us feel terrible in the mornings. Normally this wouldn’t be detected. As you get off your medication this may become a bit worse for a little while. It might go away then return as you go through the healing process. It’s normal under the circumstances. It sucks but part of the process. Thanks for the clarity. If you can, perhaps ask your boss if you can be scheduled to work after 12? Or perhaps 11? There are many buddies here that work all the way through their recovery. It serves as a distraction from their symptoms to avoid being focused on them day in and day out. If you quit your job, might I suggest you replace that time with something to keep yourself busy. Maybe start a hobby, jigsaw puzzles, art, crocheting etc. It’s ideal for it to be something you need to use your hands to do. Me personally I do several so I’m not bored with doing the same things. Also walking is a good way to burn off anxiety. Just be careful not to walk too much in one setting. Going outside is very healing. Best wishes to you. Hugs 🤗

Happy 4th of July!

May everyone enjoy a fun safe Independence Day weekend in the USA! 🇺🇸🎇🇺🇸🎆🇺🇸💥

LadyDen! Big thanks for these messages and the support. I will check in with my office this week. The advice + peace of mind you've offered is much appreciated. :)

Sutnik you’re very welcome. Glad I could offer some suggestions. That’s what this forum is for.  :thumbsup:

Please keep me posted if you don’t mind. Hope you have a better day today. In this journey we have to be our own advocate. Much self love is needed. And plenty of rest, clean diet, staying hydrated and distracting daily. Time will prove to be your friend. Big hugs!

Good morning Team Z! I hope all of you Americans enjoyed a happy 4th of July weekend. Mine was good especially compared to last year. I really enjoyed my family, cooking for everyone and being out of bed most of the day. Healing does happene in time. Accept, distract and wait it out  :thumbsup:

Sending you all love and hugs! ❤️🤗 Remember that you are a strong warrior!

Hi Zzers,

I have a real tough day today. I feel really depressed and this the whole day through. So even though this while I went swimming today. My father goes on a ten days trip to Toscana, Italy coming monday. My father organized evening meals at places of friends and neighbors for me. So I won’t be totally alone this period. I also hold my taper till he is back.

Hugggs, Jerry  :thumbsup:

Yes Jerry. Anxiety about letting it go is raised and is expected. It is benzo fears trying to get you to not do it. Don’t fall for it! You promised yourself that this time you will succeed. I’m here to cheer you on to accomplish that. I’m here my friend. You can do this!

What I did was discredit those thoughts with the positive facts. For example: Thought- you’ll never sleep without these. Discredit- watch me! Others are sleeping that came off and I will too. Liar!

See what I mean, Jerry? Fight! Get your ⚔️ sword out!

Yes Jerry. Anxiety about letting it go is raised and is expected. It is benzo fears trying to get you to not do it. Don’t fall for it! You promised yourself that this time you will succeed. I’m here to cheer you on to accomplish that. I’m here my friend. You can do this!

What I did was discredit those thoughts with the positive facts. For example: Thought- you’ll never sleep without these. Discredit- watch me! Others are sleeping that came off and I will too. Liar!

See what I mean, Jerry? Fight! Get your ⚔️ sword out!

Thx LadyDen, for your motivating words. I will succeed sooner or later!

Hey LadyDen;

good to see a familiar name.

I have not been on this site much lately and wanted to check in.

I have 104 nights with zero ambien. a miracle for me. For anyone getting off ambien is something that can happen for you too.

This site was very instrumental for me to getting off ambien.

I got support and gained so much knowledge on ambien with all the strange horrible side effects. Learing about interdose with-drawals ( the extreme nerve pain). This pain is gone now that I no longer take ambien.

Using Benzo Buddies and Narcotics Anonymous, I have staying off ambien one night at a time.

one huge benefit has been that I sleep better now than when I was on ambien. My sleep is a blessing.

One night at a time. Thanks to the long timers that helped me get off one of the nastiest drugs I've ever taken.

I am managing mostly with NA because that works best for me. Keep going with the path that works best for you in getting off ambien.

Nights and Sleep are a quiet peaceful time.

I keep a diary of my sleep each night. about one night in 4  or 5, I only get about 5 or 6 hours. most nights I sleep an average between 7 and 7.5. When I only sleep 5 hours, I normally pick back up on the 7/7.5 hours the next night. Keeping the dairy helps me see my patterns and not to freak out if I have one night of only 5 hours.

Love this site, it was a beginning of recovery for myself. 

Hey LadyDen;

good to see a familiar name.

I have not been on this site much lately and wanted to check in.

I have 104 nights with zero ambien. a miracle for me. For anyone getting off ambien is something that can happen for you too.

This site was very instrumental for me to getting off ambien.

I got support and gained so much knowledge on ambien with all the strange horrible side effects. Learing about interdose with-drawals ( the extreme nerve pain). This pain is gone now that I no longer take ambien.

Using Benzo Buddies and Narcotics Anonymous, I have staying off ambien one night at a time.

one huge benefit has been that I sleep better now than when I was on ambien. My sleep is a blessing.

One night at a time. Thanks to the long timers that helped me get off one of the nastiest drugs I've ever taken.

I am managing mostly with NA because that works best for me. Keep going with the path that works best for you in getting off ambien.

Nights and Sleep are a quiet peaceful time.

I keep a diary of my sleep each night. about one night in 4  or 5, I only get about 5 or 6 hours. most nights I sleep an average between 7 and 7.5. When I only sleep 5 hours, I normally pick back up on the 7/7.5 hours the next night. Keeping the dairy helps me see my patterns and not to freak out if I have one night of only 5 hours.

Love this site, it was a beginning of recovery for myself.

Wow TWD I have been wondering how you’ve been doing. I’m so very happy to hear a good report from you. Thank you for the update as well as being an encouragement to others. You’ve done a marvelous job! It’s very refreshing to see that you’re sleeping naturally and well. That is the scariest aspect for mostly everyone coming off Zdrugs…worrying that they won’t sleep or get much sleep. This is understandable especially for those still working. But as you’ve found out, it is temporary. You end up sleeping well if time is allowed for the brain to return to it’s normal natural sleep mechanism. It was good for you to join NA. There’s nothing wrong with doing what you need to do for yourself. IMO those type of groups offer a variety of benefits that can help anyone navigate through life better.

As for me, I’m still struggling with boatiness, waves/ windows, and ataxia ( balance) issues. Most of my symptoms have been physical of the vestibular system the entire time since the end of my taper…so that’s well over 2 years. But they are improving very slowly. So I’m looking forward to my complete healing. I also had most of my strange symptoms disappear during or shortly after my taper. Ambien is such an awful drug. It shouldn’t be on the market.

Best wishes to you. Please drop by again soon.

Hi Zzers,

A little update; I am still holding till my father is back home, which will be next thursday. He is still in Toscane at the moment. Is making trips with the bus. Today he went to Florence and tomorrow he goes to Rome. He is making some new friends too. Which is very nice for him. Today I went swimming and I met a friend at the pool. Around 18 O’clock I had a meal with the neighbors of my father. They cooked roti for me, which was very kind of them. Next week we get some warm days here. Luckily I have outdoor sun shields and a mobile airco, so I will survive it. Huggs, Jeroen ( my Dutch name)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice report Jerry that you’re doing fine. I know your dad is having a wonderful time. I’m sure he will have many pictures to show you when he returns. Always good to hear from you. Best wishes on your next reduction. And good idea to stay active. That was very kind of your dad neighbor to have you over for dinner.

I’m doing ok. Waves and windows so I’m just pushing through by God’s grace. This 24 months has been a rough one so far. I’m so ready to be healed.

Hugs!

Jeroen,

I'm glad you are doing ok.  Your Dad's trip sounds glorious.  I bet you'll be doing some traveling of your own when all this is behind you.  Keep taking care!

Helen