Can I stay on my SSRI for now??

[Ho...]

I’m 10 weeks off clonazepam, and having a hard time with some withdrawals which I know is normal but my anxiety is saying “what if suddenly the Zoloft you’ve been on is causing all of this?” Mind you I’ve been on the Zoloft for several years (before the clonazepam) and I don’t want to taper it just yet if I don’t have to because I’d rather heal from the benzo first. I guess what I’m asking is it wouldn’t suddenly be that the Zoloft is acting different and causing my anxiety / depression / Dpdr after coming off clonazepam right? Is that just my head messing with me?? This is probably strictly benzo related yes? The Zoloft never effected me before but I’m scared it is now because I’m not taking clonazepam with it …

It sounds like benzo fear has a grip on you, isn't it amazing how we find stuff to worry about, stuff that never bothered us before?  My suggestion is to not go off the Zoloft, you've made enough changes for now, give your body time to heal and yes, it can even while taking an SSRI.  :thumbsup:

Benzo fear..is that what all this OMG WHAT IF stuff is?  :D That all makes sense because my head keeps coming up with new ways to freak out! Thank you for the reply

Bounce ideas about meds off doctor but I wouldn’t make any further life changing decisions. This deal is already chaotic enough. I have to sit on my hands sometimes and force myself to be quiet.

Hello

I have been on effexor 75mg once per day for many years and I stayed in it during my CT and am still on it.  Never had an issue.  My thought is stay the course.  Only one at a time

Hingie