Strips

[du...]

Yes.  I don’t know if we have any currently active members who are using them but we have had members in the past who have done so.

Fyi Tapering strips aren’t really ‘medicated strips’ but rather pouches strung together in a strip.  Each pouch contains one or more very low dose compounded tablets that add up to the individual’s daily dose.

To learn more:

Tapering Strip

https://www.taperingstrip.com/

The standard taper offering is typically too fast for many of us. I believe you can customize them to some extent, but it seemed like too much risk, uncertainty, and anxiety for me. I didn't want to be waiting on medicine from overseas and then have something wrong with the dosing. I know of someone in the Netherlands who used them to taper Oxazepam, and the taper rate ended up being too fast for her.

The standard taper offering is typically too fast for many of us. I believe you can customize them to some extent, but it seemed like too much risk, uncertainty, and anxiety for me. I didn't want to be waiting on medicine from overseas and then have something wrong with the dosing. I know of someone in the Netherlands who used them to taper Oxazepam, and the taper rate ended up being too fast for her.

Hi hereforhelp.  You are correct that Tapering Strips can be customized.  For example, hyperbolic reductions (i.e. the lower the dose, the smaller the reduction) and stabilization strips for holds are options.  It sounds like the person who tapered too fast may not have been aware of these options and/or had a prescriber who was unaware of/unwilling to prescribe them.