Help- doctor telling me to go off klonopin quickly

[Na...]

I have been on 1mg for 2 weeks and before I was taking Ativan as needed for about a month. I’ve realized how harmful this stuff really is and told my dr I want to get off it and he (and my parents) suggest I basically get off of them within a week. I’ve begged and pleaded with them to look at this site and understand what’s really going on but they all insist that I’m crazy and if I develop any of these withdrawal symptoms then it’s just my “underlying condition” getting worse. I don’t really think normal anxiety and depression causes these kind of symptoms that withdrawals bring but they seem to think so. Any help of advise would be greatly appreciated

In addition to sharing the Colorado Consortium’s Deprescribing Guidance document with your prescriber, you could also reference the Boxed Warning on the official FDA drug label for clonazepam as well as the section on Dependence (see link below).  I also suggest you refrain from referring to BenzoBuddies moving forward; many/most prescribers are understandably skeptical of information and advice provided by anonymous laypeople in an online forum.

Link:

DailyMed - CLONAZEPAM tablet

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=8069b1a0-7c06-4252-b44e-e2eef065d9b8