Oxazepam Titration taper progress update

[bl...]

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post a progress update.

I started my titration taper back in May, since the dry taper was not viable for my pill size. So basically I started with 17.5mg. 10mg I would take as a single pill and and the remaining 7.5 I would titrate. Since then I have successfully tapered off 7.5mg since May. It took 8 months. The average percentage rate was 10%, but I did not do a linear taper. I tried many methods like linear, or cutting a lot at the start of the week then holding for that week. The linear taper was good, but I could not do more than 5 percent usually. The larger cuts once a week got me down really fast, but I also hit a wall with the insomnia. I could white knuckle it but I would eventually be blocked by the insomnia and I had to let my body catch up. The most sustainable percentage I fell into was 5%, but it was not very fast.

Sleep has been better than expected, not terrible. I need to practice deep breathing before bed, and get extra sleep. Melatonin also helps on a blue moon.

TLDR: listen to your body, hold when you need to, and experiment with which reduction rates work best based on your life style. I work a 9-5 and have many obligations so I could not taper very fast.

I'm looking forward to now tapering off the remaining 10mg. Once I start titrating it, I can never go back to the pills, which kind of scares me. It could mean I'll be on milk for a year possibly.

Here is a break down of my progress:

May: 17.5mg

April:16.2

June: 15.2

July: 15 (I took a break to enjoy the summer more :thumbsup:)

August: 13.9

September: 11.7

October: 10.8

November: 10