Tapering From Klonopin

[Gr...]

Hey guys,

I have been talking Klonopin 2mg daily for 3 months. I just wanted to get some advice as to how I should taper down to stopping completely. I know that I can't stop cold turkey but I was wondering where should I start?

Unfortunately I do not get these prescribed. Not even sure if I can say this here but that's the unfortunate truth. I can only get 2mg of Klonopin.

Unfortunately I do not get these prescribed. Not even sure if I can say this here but that's the unfortunate truth. I can only get 2mg of Klonopin.

We don't judge or discriminate against you for how you got here. I do want to ask though whether you feel you can go to your doctor and come clean about your benzo situation and your desire to taper to see if you can obtain it legally? As you're probably aware, we have no idea what's contained in these street drugs. Some people have severe withdrawal reactions just switching between different brands of Klonopin, so tapering these, not knowing what you're actually consuming is risky. How do you feel about approaching your doctor to start prescribing for you?

I don't have a doctor. I have health insurance but I work so much I don't have the time to visit a doctor. I was just looking for personal advice here on a tapering schedule. It is true that there could be different substances but from a lab test the results were pure and true Klonopin under the brand name Rivotril.

Most people start their taper by using a nail file and jeweler's scale. They'll weigh 10 tablets to get the average weight and then shave their tablet to the desired weight. We recommend cuts of no more than 5-10% of each new daily dose every two weeks or so. You'll then deduct the percentage of the pill weight. You have to decide what percentage you feel comfortable with. I usually recommend somewhere in the range of 7.5% to start off with because it's the average of our recommended range. Does this make sense?

All of that makes sense! I have to get a jewelers scale. Thank you for the information! I have heard benzo withdrawal could last years. Is that something in your opinion, that could happen for someone like me who has taken it almost daily for 3 months? Would I be in that range of at least a year withdrawal period?

Hi Greater,

I took K PRN for 1.5 months and daily for 2.5 months, and I have been tapering since September of last year. It has been a very hard process. So not to scare you but to give you some truth: yes, it can happen, but I hope this does not happen to you. Some people get in trouble very quickly and others do not.

Wishing you the best in getting off this nasty drug.

3 months is considered short-term use around here. So I hope your recovery will not take as long. But you've been on a pretty high dose. The thing is no one can say how long or difficult it will be. If you look at hereforhelp who used short term  he is struggling immensely through his taper. I used a high dose for a couple of years and I  think my taper has been easier than his. We just don't know or understand how this works. Personally I think it has the most to do with your individual DNA. The average time it takes for people to recover after stopping these drugs seems to be 12-24 months.