Need to taper off Clonazepam and ned some advice

[Jo...]

Hello all,

I've been on Clonazepam for a total of 9 months, the first 5 of those months I was only taking 1-2mg as needed for panic attacks which was a couple times a week. However, the last 4 months I've been on it basically at 1mg daily and it's time to get off. It's making my depression worse and not even helping the anxiety at this point. So what I ask is what is the most direct/simple way to get off as quick and safely as I can. I have actually been through benzos withdrawal before, it was this time last year and I had been on lorazepam for about 7 months at 1-2mg daily and I just forgot to take it for 4 days. Then the next week was pure hell, as I tried to take the same amount I was taking but it didn't quell the symptoms. Anyways, one day I woke up and took 3mg and the next day I was fine and didn't take anymore benzos for a while. So long story short, been on Clonazepam for 9 months over half of that was as needed and the last four months have been basically every day, sometimes every other day.

Hi Johnshwaite13

When tapering, it's really important to take your Clonazepam consistently. So you'll have to make sure you take 1mg every day at approximately the same time. What size pills do you have?

Yes, get the 0.5 mg pills. They're scored and much easier to use for tapering, especially if you're dry cutting/filing and weighing.

I hope this taper is as "easy" as your last. I've been coming off .875 mg K that I took daily for a couple months for over a year now. I really hope you can do it quickly and without any trouble.