Help with a poly drug tapering plan please!

[Mi...]

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best, simplest plan for tapering and i would love some expert input. I am currently taking 3-40 mg of Ambien and thought i got that down to 25mg but after a few days i've realized that made me really sick so that is going to have to go slower. At the same time i am on .5 ativan 3x a day and currently switching out my evening dose to diazepam (.25 ativan and 2.5 Diazepam) as I was planning on doing a crossover but now i am second guessing that and thinking maybe I can just taper from the Ativan directly. In that case is is possible to do a DLMT and use Ativan liquid from the pharmacy? That leaves the issue of the Ambien.  I know i'm not supposed to taper both at once but i strongly feel they are affecting each other. I can try to do the Ambien first but how do I taper off of 40mg when i have 10mg tablets? I am looking for a compounding pharmacy that will make pills but so far no luck and i would be terrible with a scale. I am trying to make this as simple on myself as possible and am happy to go slow just can't figure out order. I have a decent Pdoc I'm working with but I suspect you all know more than he (we) do. Any help would be so appreciated.

Thanks,

Sherri

• 2 weeks later...