Gram Scale Reccomendations? Anything newer or better out there?

[ag...]

So I'm mentally gearing up for round 2 of tapering off klonopin. I successfully did it once, and now have to do it again after a big setback (you can read my blog at the bottom of my signature if you're interested).

Regardless, last time I tapered, I did a simple cut and hold taper (10% every two weeks) cutting and filing .5mg Klonopin tablets. Worked pretty good, except I was not in love with the consistency of my gram scale (especially by the end at the low doses). I know others have complained about this too. So since its been a while for me that I've been on the forums I'm wondering if there are any newer/better/pricier scales out there that people have found success with.

This is the scale I used on my previous taper: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087Q7HN3M ($20, nothing fancy, it was fine, but touchy and I had to reset it a lot).

Anyone had success with anything better or more consistent? I'd definitely pay more if it worked more smoothly. Thanks all, appreciate for this forum.

I don't know if it's any better but I used this one for a taper and I was happy with it.  https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

You probably know this already but I found it really helped to make sure I was using the scale on a very solid sturdy table in a room with minimal air currents or motion of any kind,  Otherwise, even waving my hand over the scale or a person walking through the room would make the numbers fluctuate.

I don't know if it's any better but I used this one for a taper and I was happy with it.  https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g

You probably know this already but I found it really helped to make sure I was using the scale on a very solid sturdy table in a room with minimal air currents or motion of any kind,  Otherwise, even waving my hand over the scale or a person walking through the room would make the numbers fluctuate.

Thanks Brigther. I think I'm gonna try it! New taper, new start, new tool. And yeah you're right about the whole airflow thing, I started turning off all the HVAC in the house when I cut last time, and I'm gonna do it again.

I'm really sorry to hear about your setback, agenthall. I'm assuming you don't want to spend $1400+ for another decimal place, right? I'm not sure that I get much more consistency with it, but I don't have anything to compare to. I hope your new scale works better for you and you're able to taper back down smoothly. Godspeed!

Hey @hereforhelp, thanks for the kind words. That Sartorius looks serious! Yeah, $1400 is a little steep, but I'm sure you get much better precision with that.