Xanax taper

[Fi...]

Hello, I recently updosed  from .25 Xanax to 1. mg xanax because of severe crippling withdrawl, can anyone advise me on a slow taper so I can be somewhat functional, I can't take this it way to severe,!!  Should I try ,& stabilize for 5 - 7 days &  dose a few times a day since xanax is cruel & has a short life ? Or shave a bit off each dose daily or every week or two,,?? I' don't know what to do & have no help.  Please advise thank you

Hi Fighter65

I split your post from the other thread so you can have your own dedicated thread.  :thumbsup:

When did you updose to 1mg?

How many times a day are you dosing and what are those doses?

The last time we chatted you were taking 0.25mg twice a day. We really want to help you, but we just need to know when you updosed so we can give the meds enough time to work.

Hello, I updosed to Img X around Oct 28 th,, after yo yo tapering & much suffering, I've been doing . 5mg am/ pm. I'm a little better,,  was doing a Compounding X but it gave me horrible symptoms,  so I'm back with the pills... my pills are oval instead of the round ones that would cut better.. want advice on tapering & dosing,,  but still need to have some functionality... my yo yo tapering back & forth to had Been large cuts like .5mg down to .25mg am & 0.125mg at night, that was horrible horrible..that's why I went up to 1 mg split in 2 doses daily, so please advice a taper that maybe I can tolerate. I am at a loss,, what to do ??

I'm really glad you updosed to 1mg. I think it will take a while for your body to adjust to the new dose and recover from the yo-yo tapering. I would suggest you stay at this dose for at least a month.

Are the two doses a day working for you or are you noticing interdose withdrawal?