Clonazepam tapering

[Ni...]

I'd suggest reducing daily dosages by 5 - 10% every 10 - 14 days, letting symptoms dictate reduction amounts and pace.  You could look at my signature as an example of how I've been reducing.  Make sure that the reductions are based on the current daily dosages as you taper and not on the original daily dosage.

I've been cutting and holding, or more precisely. shaving and holding.  I use a metal nail file and a jeweler's scale that I bought on Amazon.

Hope this gives you a good start..

How have you been tapering so far? There are a few options but dry cutting is the simplest method of tapering.  If you've been tapering with cuts one option is to use a jewelers scale like this one and using a file to make the reductions in the weight of the pill https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Milligram-Calibration/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541012152&sr=8-1&keywords=Smart+Weigh+Premium+High+Precision+Digital+Milligram+Scale+with+Case%2C+Tweezers%2C+Calibration+Weights+and+Three+Weighing+Pans%2C+50+x+0.001g 

You would start by choosing what percentage cuts you want to make.  As you know, we typically suggest cuts of no more than 5-10% every 14 days or longer but even better is to make cuts when your symptoms stabilize (meaning they're tolerable and not changing in number and intensity).  If you want help with this let us know.

• 4 weeks later...
I bought the scale and it was showing variations at the level of 9.975 to 9.985 and never 10.000 with calibration weights. I tried in all conditions. Returned the scale. It takes time to re order it. As it has to be imported.  Now  I want to do liquid taper. Do mouth dispersing tablets dissolve in water?

Thank you for the clarification.  As the name implies, Orally Disintegrating Tablets disintegrate (as in disperse, fall apart) when exposed to saliva.  ODTs also disintegrate when exposed to water.

It’s important to note that the clonazepam in the ODTs (i.e. the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient or active drug substance) does not dissolve (as in ‘go into solution’) when water is added.  Instead, the drug particles are temporarily suspended in the water after the ODT/water mixture is shaken. (Water is a poor suspending vehicle due to its low viscosity so shaking the mixture well before use is imperative.)

Having noted the above, we do have members who have used/are using the ODTs to make do-it-yourself (DIY) clonazepam suspensions. Some have used water as the suspending vehicle; others have used milk. I do not know if we have members who have used a commercial or compounded suspending vehicle (e.g. OraPlus, SyrSpend, methycellulose). (Fyi: You may read posts by some members who claim that adding vodka — or another type of consumable alcohol — to an ODT fully and completely dissolves all of the clonazepam in the ODT; to our knowledge, this claim has not been substantiated via proper laboratory analyses.)

You’re welcome.  I’m not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking if you can use a clonazepam suspension to taper?  If so, yes.  We have members who use professionally compounded suspensions as well  as members who make and use do-it-yourself suspensions.