Interdosal Withdrawal Symptoms

[...]

Hi folks,

I've been a member for a few years, dropped out of sight for a while and then came back. My history is in my previous posts.

For the years since I've been on this stuff, (7) Alprazolam 1 1/2 mg at bedtime, by midmorning I've gotten ectopic heartbeats, chest tightness, nervousness and feel crappy. I've been to the cardiologist and had bloodwork and tests and my heart is fine.

Cutting to the chase: I was supposed to start a taper dry cut plan around Labor Day and around that time, the catalytic converter on my car was stolen, so naturally I put the taper off. Then my friend's mother who was also my mother's best friend, passed away. That really did a tune on me, so naturally it was a good excuse to put it off again. I know in life; shit happens and am tired of making excuses all the while dealing with daily interdose withdrawal.

What I'm asking is, is there anybody here who has successfully gotten off this poison and dealt with the daily situations of life and still made it through?

You sound so defeated but I know you'd feel better about yourself and your situation if you followed through with your desire to be free of the Alprazolam.  We have such low self esteem while feeling like this, I think it would help boost your morale if you kicked this nasty drug to the curb.

When I was feeling low I used to read the success stories, it helped me know that it's possible to recover from this nightmare.