Best way to cut pills?

[Co...]

As I get closer to the end of my taper the tiny cuts to my pills are getting more difficult. I am using a pill cutter but wish it was sharper. I tried razor blades but I lost several bits of pill as it flew across the room. Do you have a favorite pill cutter?

I would try an X-acto knife and a metal nail file. I use the EqualSplit Pill Splitter I got on Amazon to cut my tablets into halves and quarters. I'm able to get my doses from quarters now as I've gotten low enough. I've heard X-acto knives are pretty good too, but it could depend on how powdery your tablets are. Accord tablets are chalkier than Teva, but I still have decent luck with the pill splitter and nail file.

A metal nail file is your friend!

I also use the pill-cutter that hereforhelp mentioned - we're all probably keeping that company in business! But for those teeny, tiny cuts, nail file will be best.

Good luck as you get closer to the finish line!

I have used a pill cutter and a craft knife so far

Open road - how much are you cutting off per day approx?

Hereforhelp - giving it another couple of weeks till I hopefully stabilise. Are you cutting continuously?

Thank you MP

I also use the pill-cutter that hereforhelp mentioned - we're all probably keeping that company in business! But for those teeny, tiny cuts, nail file will be best.

MP -

I am doing a DMT, reducing appx. .01-.02/day. You can see my reduction rate in my signature.

But you're at a much higher dose than me and that likely wouldn't make sense for you. It would just take forever. I might let someone who is/was up at a higher dose weigh in! But once down to 5 or 4mg, I think DMT is the way to go.

OR

Hi Miss piggy,

Yes, I am cutting continually. Holding does not do anything for me, so I just keep moving on down. Unfortunately, I rarely get a good window. I wouldn't say I ever "stabilize," and I've tried many different slower taper rates with no success, so I figured I'd just go as quickly as I can tolerate to get off this stuff. I have no doubt I'm experiencing an adverse drug reaction / paradoxical reaction / toxic encephalopathy in addition to the withdrawal.