liquid taper - near the end!

[cl...]

Hi again benzo warriors!

Here's a question you probably don't hear every day.....

I've been liquid tapering from a low Klonopin dose for 2 years.  When I first discovered BB I was severely kindled.  I mean, it was bad.  Weeks of feeling like the delirium of a high fever or alcohol every day, without either fever or alcohol consumption.  Thanks to BB input, I held, stabilized and a slow steady taper has served me very well.  I've been dropping about .004 mg every 10 days with few symptoms, all the way down to .0240 mg. 

I've been thinking I might even be one of the lucky ones to walk off symptom free!  However lately I've had a slight headache and vague free-floating anxiety.  No big deal if it doesn't get worse.  But here's what I've been wondering....

All along with this liquid taper, I've used a 5 ml syringe to draw up discard volume, with a habit of drawing from the very bottom of the solution, where the inert particles settle.  It's occured to me that as the solution volume decreases towards the end, I'm drawing up and discarding a higher proportion of the suspended particles than before, which I believe are the pill's active ingredients.  Would that mean more possibility of WDs?

Not sure that makes sense.  I guess I'm just trying to figure out what may lay ahead.

Once again, THANK YOU for being here!

clearbluesky

Congrats on your progress!

I'm just checking to see if I understand your question correctly. Are you saying the particles on the bottom you are drawing up are the active ingredient?

Depending on how you make and prep your do-it-youself liquid for use, it is indeed possible that the particles contain Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API).

Also, if you have been reducing your dose by a fixed amount, your taper rate has been increasing.  Many individuals find they need to adjust their taper rate downward when they get to lower doses.

Thanks!  I've been using basically the same taper rate for some time - discarding approximately .004 mg/every 10 or so days.

I thought I had read that after a good shake of the solution, larger inert ingredients settle first, and active ingredients tend to remain suspended.  I was just thinking that being in the habit of syringing and discarding from the bottom of the solution, I might not have been removing suspended ingredients until nearing the end.  Does that make sense?

Add to suspected WD symptoms - emotional sensitivity, unable to stop crying - UNLIKE ME.

I was looking forward to walking off this taper soon.

Maybe I should slow down or hold instead?

clearbluesky

Thanks!  I've been using basically the same taper rate for some time - discarding approximately .004 mg/every 10 or so days.

I thought I had read that after a good shake of the solution, larger inert ingredients settle first, and active ingredients tend to remain suspended.  I was just thinking that being in the habit of syringing and discarding from the bottom of the solution, I might not have been removing suspended ingredients until nearing the end.  Does that make sense?

Add to suspected WD symptoms - emotional sensitivity, unable to stop crying - UNLIKE ME.

I was looking forward to walking off this taper soon.

Maybe I should slow down or hold instead?

clearbluesky

I wouldn't assume anything about this process, I've never heard this theory but I'm skeptical.  If it were me, having doubt about my process, I'd hold until things become more clear.