Can I go back to Lorazepam after more than a month?

[St...]

need quick help initially dropped lorazepam too quickly and then crashed and was in the ER a few times and a few days in a clinic.  then up dosed and minimally stabilized.  then over from 1mg lorazepam to 8mg dia.  felt good and started reducing weekly straight away.  had a crash at 6mg.  tried for several weeks to stabilize on 7, did not work.  now on 7.5 and I have every bad symptom imaginable.  I don't sleep Heart is just racing, I've been out of my mind for days from morning to night, so it's more like weeks.  it was slightly better on the lorazepam.  please please help

I'm sorry you're so miserable but it looks like you have a few choices, go back up to 8 mgs or higher to try to stabilize then hold, or begin an immediate cross back to Ativan.  The Ativan should kick in fairly quickly, maybe in two steps a few days apart?

I'm sorry you're so miserable but it looks like you have a few choices, go back up to 8 mgs or higher to try to stabilize then hold, or begin an immediate cross back to Ativan.  The Ativan should kick in fairly quickly, maybe in two steps a few days apart?

But wouldn’t I got crash again because of the long life of the dia in my body? Like it could kick in few weeks after even when I feel good on Lora 😞

need quick help initially dropped lorazepam too quickly and then crashed and was in the ER a few times and a few days in a clinic.  then up dosed and minimally stabilized.  then over from 1mg lorazepam to 8mg dia.  felt good and started reducing weekly straight away.  had a crash at 6mg.  tried for several weeks to stabilize on 7, did not work.  now on 7.5 and I have every bad symptom imaginable.  I don't sleep Heart is just racing, I've been out of my mind for days from morning to night, so it's more like weeks.  it was slightly better on the lorazepam.  please please help

I think after such a long time you can safely ask the doctor for diazepam and never take lorazepam again. You just need to figure out the dose, according to benzo equivalence chart. 1 mg lorazepam equals 10 mg diazepam. Diazepam has a half-life of 20-100 [36-200] hours. While lorazepam has a half-life of 10-20 hrs. So the WD sxs will hit you much quicker. Then taper again according to Ashton. They once CTed my huge amounts of zolpidem in the hospital immediately and switched me to diazepam. Nothing bad happened. Consult with your health provider anyway, but any sxs you may experience will probably have their origin in psychological dependence on lorazepam. However, if you decide on this course of action. Make sure any lorazepam you've got left at home goes back to be recycled in the pharmacy. Or in the trash bin.

[d6...]

What she said!  :thumbsup:

I think after such a long time you can safely ask the doctor for diazepam and never take lorazepam again. You just need to figure out the dose, according to benzo equivalence chart. 1 mg lorazepam equals 10 mg diazepam. Diazepam has a half-life of 20-100 [36-200] hours. While lorazepam has a half-life of 10-20 hrs. So the WD sxs will hit you much quicker. Then taper again according to Ashton. They once CTed my huge amounts of zolpidem in the hospital immediately and switched me to diazepam. Nothing bad happened. Consult with your health provider anyway, but any sxs you may experience will probably have their origin in psychological dependence on lorazepam. However, if you decide on this course of action. Make sure any lorazepam you've got left at home goes back to be recycled in the pharmacy. Or in the trash bin.