Why is titration tapering better?

[aq...]

From what I have read, titration tapering is dissolving the pill in the water and taking it as a liquid. How is that any better compared to regular tapering?

From what I have read, titration tapering is dissolving the pill in the water and taking it as a liquid. How is that any better compared to regular tapering?

Because it allows you to make dose reductions as small as .01 (hundredth) of a mg, or even .001 (thousandth) of a mg.

And BTW, you can  NOT dissolve it in water!  You must start with an effective solvent like vodka (alcohol) or propylene glycol.

• 3 weeks later...

You dissolve it in Alcohol? Could you explain that further because that doesn't make sense to me?

There are several different ways to titrate benzo's. Here is some information that may help you with making a decision on what way will work best for you.

c8ByDs5.png

*edit chart info/typo

Hi all,

If someone would double check Guruna's numbers, it would be greatly appreciated. No disrespect to Gudruna - her efforts are greatly appreciated - but since the post is so well presented, it might appear as they have been thoroughly vetted, but we do not know this to be the case.

Irrespective, thank you Gudruna. It looks interesting. I will try to look over the numbers myself later/tomorrow.

By looking at this graph, it looks like one might as well do a water taper off of klonopin. Not very soluble at all. Do you know the origin of this graph? I would like to know the solubility of benzo's in PG. Probably less. 

I don't think the chart is correct in how much alcohol or PG to mix with a benzo to dissolve it. 

You usually need 2 ml of alcohol for each mg of the benzo.  Then you add 8 ml of water for each mg of the benzo if you want to create a solution that has a ratio of 1mg of the benzo for each 10ml of the solution.

I don't think the chart is correct in how much alcohol or PG to mix with a benzo to dissolve it. 

You usually need 2 ml of alcohol for each mg of the benzo.  Then you add 8 ml of water for each mg of the benzo if you want to create a solution that has a ratio of 1mg of the benzo for each 10ml of the solution.

That is what I thought and have been doing. We don't need more confusion on this. I did not think it was accurate.

Appreciate your input.

Dana

Actually, I will go further.  It appears to me that most of the information on the chart is wrong regarding how much alcohol to use to mix with the benzo as well as how much water to add.

As I wrote, typically, you want to use 2 ml of alcohol for each mg of the benzo.  You then want to add 8 ml of water for each ml of the benzo to give you a solution where 1 ml of the solution is equal to .1 mg of the benzo. 

Some people may even want to dilute it more--for example after using 2 ml of alcohol to dilute each mg of the benzo, then add 18ml of water to the mix.  This will give you a mix where each ml of the mix is equal to .05 mg of the benzo.  A reason for this would be if you want a mix where the alcohol is more diluted.

Exactly. I totally agree with you. Again, this will create more confusion for those really not familiar with the method. The one that has been in place has worked fine. It has worked for me.  :)

Actually, I will go further. It appears to me that most of the information on the chart is wrong regarding how much alcohol to use to mix with the benzo as well as how much water to add.

As I wrote, typically, you want to use 2 ml of alcohol for each mg of the benzo.  You then want to add 8 ml of water for each ml of the benzo to give you a solution where 1 ml of the solution is equal to .1 mg of the benzo. 

Some people may even want to dilute it more--for example after using 2 ml of alcohol to dilute each mg of the benzo, then add 18ml of water to the mix.  This will give you a mix where each ml of the mix is equal to .05 mg of the benzo.  A reason for this would be if you want a mix where the alcohol is more diluted.

I think you may be confused confused user. My calculations are accurate and coincide with the graph. First off the "benzo solubility in alcohol - water graph" was researched and created by a highly respected member of our community, SG57. This is the original post. You will also find the references used to create the graph in the link.

Secondly, the chart I made was created with the hope of making it easier for folks who want to taper using liquid to choose and utilize a method that they are comfortable with. All of the options listed in the chart have been discussed and promoted in the titration board. The particular chart I posted refers specifically to Valium. While I have created charts specific to each benzo, I only posted the Valium reference because that is what the original poster is tapering from. If you took the time to analyze the information you may better understand the chart. btw, the lesser amount of alcohol may be advantageous for those who are sensitive to alcohol and do not want to ingest anymore than absolutely necessary.

I think you may be confused confused user. My calculations are accurate and coincide with the graph. First off the "benzo solubility in alcohol - water graph" was researched and created by a highly respected member of our community, SG57. This is the original post. You will also find the references used to create the graph in the link.

Secondly, the chart I made was created with the hope of making it easier for folks who want to taper using liquid to choose and utilize a method that they are comfortable with. All of the options listed in the chart have been discussed and promoted in the titration board. The particular chart I posted refers specifically to Valium. While I have created charts specific to each benzo, I only posted the Valium reference because that is what the original poster is tapering from. If you took the time to analyze the information you may better understand the chart. btw, the lesser amount of alcohol may be advantageous for those who are sensitive to alcohol and do not want to ingest anymore than absolutely necessary.

I could very well be confused.  If so I apologize to you and everyone else.

Everything that I encountered stated that you needed to use 2 ml of 80 proof alcohol for each 1 mg of benzo pill.  In your chart you have people using 1 ml of 80 proof alcohol for every 2 ml of valium in pill form.

I would rather be safe than sorry by using 1mg of benzo to 2cc of solvent. I want to make darn sure that my klonopin is dissolved properly. If the proposed method works then that is great, but I am sticking to what I have been doing.

Hi.

Just posting some general informational links. We are putting together a more practical aid to titration. But, for now, we just wish to provide some balance and some cautionary words. None of these links are particular to thread, but some of it will certainly apply:

Titration: FAQs (This is a work in progress)

Titration: Limits & Limitations (This document is to highlight and acknowledge the potential shortcoming with titration methods, which are often not mentioned)

A Short Overview of the Three Supported Methods of Benzodiazepine Withdrawal (old information, but mostly still good)