Evaporation of Solution Overnight

[Gu...]

I was experimenting with making solutions, utilizing the .5:1:4 ratio, and noticed that by simply leaving the solution overnight, it had evaporated to about 3 mls. of the original 5, before I took out the .1 ml. necessary for reduction.  I'm concerned about the possibility of evaporation changing the ratios. 

Could this be an issue with larger batches as well, especially in keeping them for 10 days or more?

Thanks again, in advance, for any input or advice!

Diana

A smaller container would keep it from evaporating. If you have a large area exposed to air, more of the liquid will evaporate.

5 milliliters is only a teaspoon. What size container are you using?

Good point, HopeToDoThis- I am using an 80 ml. jar.  I didn't think that much evaporation would occur so fast, even with a 5 ml. amount (for a partial DLMT to start the taper).

Have you ever experienced this, and do you have any ideas as to where I can find some really small containers? Also, what happens with the larger batches that are supposed to last for 10 or more days?

Thanks for replying :)

I make my solutions totally differently. Right now I'm doing five 0.5 mg tablets alprazolam, 25 mL vodka, and 475 mL water. It's enough to last me 5 or 6 days (depending on where I'm at with my taper). So I don't have the small container problem.

A quarter ounce is about 8 mL, so that might work. You could probably buy small containers like that on amazon.