Small Setback

[An...]

I just hit 18 months benzo free and I can't figure out what is happening. I have been doing good for months and now I started having panic attack and now my heart rate won't go down. I did go eat Chinese food but I have done that before and have done fine. I haven't had a panic attack in months and I never had them before until I started taking benzos.  I have major head pressure and been having lots of thoughts about death again and not sure where this is all coming from. anybody else experience this at 18 months . I am so frustrated!  I have be em doing great.

Angel, did it happen right after eating the Chinese food? I had a horrible reaction to sushi be ause they used msg. It could just be a wave, but I bet it will be short lived, your windows are getting bigger. You'll get there real soon  :thumbsup:

Yea it was probably that, based on timing. I know it's frustrating.. But you are having huge breaks now, you are SO close. Keep being careful for a while and you'll be 100 percent! 

I worked with a guy who got incredible palpitations and panic attacks any time he ate Chinese food because of the MSG and he had NEVER been exposed to benzos in his life. Just shows how sensitive people can be to MSG even without benzos in the picture. Pre-benzo I could not eat Chinese because Id be very sick for days with migraine and vomiting. Just want you to not feel discouraged. MSG really can make ANYONE sick, not just you. Now you are sensitive to it, doesn't mean that you aren't almost healed. I developed MSG allergy later in life before benzos. Please don't be discouraged.

is anyone sure they use it so widely?

ive made it at home, the chicken one w ginger in the sauce and no msg and it tastes like what they have in restaurants. so....why would they use it :wacko:

MSG, maybe it's an old habit the Chinese Rests. kept from decades ago.  In the sixties and seventies, it was very popular called, Accent.  My mom used it on everything and it made stuff taste good.  And my dad had an anxiety disorder and she was making him worse and he probably didn't know it.  I never had a problem with MSG pre benzo's, but sure do now. 

Angel: please also be careful with stuff like Campbells soup and even packaged soups...lots of MSG in those. If the can says "25% Sodium Reduced" then it is just regular salt and not MSG. I've really had to learn to read labels. Also, if you're sensitive to MSG right now, then sulfites may also bother you.  This is a preservative found in many things like salami and other processed meats. I stick to roasted chicken and even take off the skin if pre-roasted at the store because they sprinkle them with flavor enhancers. Another rude surprise for me turned out to be Swiss Chalet...it is on just about everything in their menu (the MSG).